GDT: WWE Hell In A Cell, October 6th, 7ET

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
no chance.

we already knew Hulk was selfish and shit. (you know by always being in the WM main event)
this is literally the most frustrating crap ive seen.

Seth and Bray needed to step up and say WE'RE NOT DOING THIS!

(im not blaming them)
(its the shitty booking.)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He looks so broken. He knows how bad that was.

He’s going to have worse heat than Roman in 2015-2017.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Man I don’t care how down you are on Seth. He didn’t deserve this.

Honestly I like the guy but he polishes the company balls far too often to make me feel bad for him in situations like this.

Same guy that scolded the audience for taking a shit on the red belt when it was revealed. It may not have been fair to he and Balor, but that's on the company for building up garbage.

Which seems to be their specialty these days.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I like Seth but he’s captain kiss ass and is ready to plant his lips on the spot Foley currently has his when his in-ring career is over.

The thought actually crossed my mind, without seeing the match, that maybe they thought this was going to get Wyatt over the way Foley got over in the cell.

Either way, I wanna know who the f*** came up with this and how it got approved. They're trying to save face calling it a match stoppage rather than a DQ.

... Because somehow claiming the ref had to save Bray makes him look less shitty.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Maybe the only way of saving face is Wyatt quite literally killing the ref tomorrow night for stopping the match.

Even then, this is FUBAR.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I'm now curious about whether Rollins or Bray spoke up to management or at least the agent about this match.

There is no way they would have thought this was a good idea. Is this a classic case of talent being scared of Vince or losing their jobs?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'm now curious about whether Rollins or Bray spoke up to management or at least the agent about this match.

There is no way they would have thought this was a good idea. Is this a classic case of talent being scared of Vince or losing their jobs?

If I'm Bray, after being written off for a year and then spending 6 months building up the best character WWE has had in well over a decade, only to read that shit booking, I'd be hoping to get fired.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

If so, I’m sorry but they’re f***ing stupid. Talent have never had more leverage in this era. One of them could have said this is f***ing stupid and told them how damaging it is.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
At the same time, you guys act like speaking up is going to do shit.

"Dean needs to stop questioning the script. Dean needs to read his promos word for word as written."

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
and they wont fire them either lol.
last thing they need is lose the few people that are (were?) over
im not saying to let the wrestlers have control, but they should 100% not agreed to do that ending.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Good God, watching it was actually worse than reading.

... And f*** Kevin f***ing Dunn for that God awful f***ing wavy shit he did with the f***ing camera on the very end. You're not winning a f***ing Emmy. It looked fine at Summerslam, jerking the camera around on Bray's face like it's Cloverfield looks like f***ing shit.

I'm so f***ing done with this promotion.

Reactions: TD Charlie

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I haven't watched any wrestling in a long time but I listen to Post Wrestling shows and Cornette on podcasts while I work. The last 10 pages have been great 'lol' reading and I can't wait to hear John, Wai and especially Cornette to shit on that main event!

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I haven't watched any wrestling in a long time but I listen to Post Wrestling shows and Cornette on podcasts while I work. The last 10 pages have been great 'lol' reading and I can't wait to hear John, Wai and especially Cornette to **** on that main event!

Honestly I see Corny shitting on the no selling by Bray more than anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets a rare -5* by Dave.

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
If you absolutely had to do this “no contest” finish just do something simple. Go outside the cage and fight and go fight outside the arena and have an ending out there.

I mean the result still sucks but it’s not nearly as terrible as what I just witnessed.

That's what I would've done. Have Seth use the sledge hammer on 3-4 refs and just "stop" the match there.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
They didn’t want to put the title on him because they legit had no idea how to book this form of Bray as a champ.

He got over too much too quick. They didn’t know what to do with him, but felt that had to do something big because he was the hottest thing they had.

I disagree. It seemed that this HIAC match was booked to get the RAW title off of Seth Rollins to free him and Becky Lynch to go to SmackDown. Then we got the reports that Fox wanted Bray Wyatt, and all of a sudden, WWE throws together a 5-way #1 contender match seemingly designed to create a way to get the title out of HIAC (so that Wyatt doesn’t have to lose) - only to cancel the match a week later and instead have Rollins and Lynch both retain their RAW belts. But with this convoluted finish so Wyatt still doesn’t have to lose.

If (when?) Wyatt gets drafted to SmackDown, it really is just a case of an inability to put a RAW title on someone leaving RAW and an unwillingness to have Wyatt actually take a pinfall.

Just too many moving parts to think it’s as simple as not wanting Bray Wyatt to hold a championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad