GDT: WWE Hell in a Cell (8th October 2017) - But Jinder is Uncaged...

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Why do they keep pushing Shane like this? How bad does it make the roster look when a gm is about to jump into hell in a cell with a former world champ and he's going to compete with him for 20 minutes?

SMH, I miss when Shane was booked to have to cheat to compete with actual trained wrestlers.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Is there anyone here who thinks the tag match shouldn't be inside the cell? I've heard Bryan Alvarez rail on this for like two weeks about how they're doing it just to do it and doesn't understand why otherwise. Meltzer tried explaining it to him twice and last night he just gave up. They did a street fight so they can't just go do another regular match.
It’s the longest feud currently going in WWE. Absolutely warrants the cell, although it would have made more sense if Xavier interfered in the street fight leading to the setup.

Alvarez makes me laugh with his rants but sometimes it feels like he goes off just to hear himself talk even when he’s completely wrong.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It’s the longest feud currently going in WWE. Absolutely warrants the cell, although it would have made more sense if Xavier interfered in the street fight leading to the setup.

Alvarez makes me laugh with his rants but sometimes it feels like he goes off just to hear himself talk even when he’s completely wrong.

See thats the problem with Face New Day, they can't have Xavior do any dirty work since their the "good guys"

I think the Uso's lock out one of the New Day members and then eventually they break in and help New Day retaine, even if its a heel move it will probably get a decent face pop? :dunno: (yes I'm aware they've stated its supposed to be 2 vs 2 but still)

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
One criticism of the cell that I've seen that's warranted is that it is weird that Jinder's match of all matches is not in the cell despite the fact that all of his matches feature outside interference.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
See thats the problem with Face New Day, they can't have Xavior do any dirty work since their the "good guys"

I think the Uso's lock out one of the New Day members and then eventually they break in and help New Day retaine, even if its a heel move it will probably get a decent face pop? :dunno: (yes I'm aware they've stated its supposed to be 2 vs 2 but still)
The third member of The New Day has played a part in the matches routinely, even as babyfaces.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Biggest bump I see is Shane missing a jump off the top of the cell going through one table and then Owens ending the match with a frog splash off the top of the cell through another announce table at ringside.

I can't see them going through the top of the cell. It's too tall. I mean they could gimmick the entire center of the ring, but what are they going to do? Replace the canvas and have the match not be inside the cell at all because they brawl up the ramp to start the match and just stay outside the whole time?

Actually that could happen idk

Man I would not feel comfortable at all with KO doing a frog splash off the cage.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Is there anyone here who thinks the tag match shouldn't be inside the cell? I've heard Bryan Alvarez rail on this for like two weeks about how they're doing it just to do it and doesn't understand why otherwise. Meltzer tried explaining it to him twice and last night he just gave up. They did a street fight so they can't just go do another regular match.

It is a blood feud that has had multiple gimmick matches now. Cell makes sense as the final battle.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I've been quite sick this weekend so I will be watching this while getting some rest. Hope the combination of modern WWE and cold meds don't put me out for the night.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
not able to watch this one live sadly, but im looking forward to it

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Meltzer says Roode/Ziggler has been the best match in house shows recently and has dark horse potential for match of the night

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
There looks to be so much potential for this PPV and I just can't work myself up to watch it. If I were more confident Mahal would lose I'd watch.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Dillinger in the US Title match!!!

10! YES! 10! YES! 10! YES!

PS. I realize he's just there to get pinned by Corbin but I don't care. The guy deserves a PPV match.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
"Now nakamura can be prepared for the singh brothers"

Yeah, because he didnt know they were there before. Guess the singh's mastered cena's art of you can't see me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad