GDT: WWE Elimination Chamber (17th February 2019)

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Am I the only one who’d prefer Big E as a champ over Kofi?

I don't think you are the only one. I'm not a big fan of Big E... I don't get what the allure is, honestly.

It's only my personal opinion, but I definitely prefer both Woods and Kofi to Big E.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just watching back the lady chamber match now cuz i only caught the finish live. Overall a very lackluster ppv. The main event was piss poor until it was a 1v1. I’ll gladly take kofi getting a singles match with Bryan at mania. They’ve got some damn good ring chemistry

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Love they're pushing Kofi now.

Thought for a second when it was down to Kofi and DB, hey, why not capitalize during Black History Month and put the belt on him?

Perfect ****ing timing, no?

Also thought during that last spot that Kofi would bring back the Boom Drop, although it's probably pretty painful from that high up. :laugh:

What a match, though.

Reactions: Fro

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Screw it. Throw the belt on Orton and have him work Kofi. The story literally writes itself.

Orton ducks Kofi for a couple months claiming he's not championship caliber. Kofi does a worked-shoot on Orton killing off his momentum years ago. (Which he legitimately did) Kofi works from under and ends up getting his championship.

It'd be a short run, but those are the kind of wins that get massive pops. It'd be the closest thing they could do to match Eddie beating Brock for the belt.

Reactions: iamjs

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If you watched tonight expecting stuff to happen, that is on you.

But in terms of just enjoyment - the 3 things that should have been enjoying were very enjoyable. Both chamber matches and a Becky beatdown. Fun. You should have turned off the rest of the garbage because you knew it was garbage before it started.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
That's the second time that Ronda has taken a brutal sloppy breakdown from other girls in terms of foreign objects. The face shot tonight was just sloppy by Becky. The charlotte beat down with the Kendo stick was the same way.

At the same time this could change the dynamic to Becky and Charlotte vs Ronda and Baszler.

Instead of the whole 4 horsewoman vs 4 horsemen.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If you watched tonight expecting stuff to happen, that is on you.

But in terms of just enjoyment - the 3 things that should have been enjoying were very enjoyable. Both chamber matches and a Becky beatdown. Fun. You should have turned off the rest of the garbage because you knew it was garbage before it started.

Fair. I suppose. The chamber matches to me were pretty weak until it was just down to two though.

Becky could very well get a talking to for how she was carelessly swinging the crutch. Those were some gross shots.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
that WWE Title chamber match was weird until the final two. I don't know. It wasn't a usual chamber match. Some cool spots, but I don't know... it didn't feel like a chamber match.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Fair. I suppose. The chamber matches to me were pretty weak until it was just down to two though.

Becky could very well get a talking to for how she was carelessly swinging the crutch. Those were some gross shots.

I was thinking she's kind of lucky that Ronda doesn't have a temper because she could probably legitimately make Becky eat that crutch.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
DzqDZHDUwAAdwRa.jpg

I really hope this imagery is foreshadowing and they're going to go with Kofi for the WM spot. Smackdown has no viable top face to step into the role. Styles/Bryan has been done to death, it's too early for Ali, Joe, Wyatt, Orton don't make much sense (or in Orton's case, he'll be tied up with Styles).

Dude sells major merch, has been loyal as hell since 2008, he's over as f*** and there's SERIOUS lightning in a bottle with him right now after that gauntlet performance and he's easily the most over male competitor on the roster at the moment.

Strap the rocket to his back and make him WWE champion at Wrestlemania (even though the audible should have been called and it should have been done tonight).

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
DzqDZHDUwAAdwRa.jpg

I really hope this imagery is foreshadowing and they're going to go with Kofi for the WM spot. Smackdown has no viable top face to step into the role. Styles/Bryan has been done to death, it's too early for Ali, Joe, Wyatt, Orton don't make much sense (or in Orton's case, he'll be tied up with Styles).

Dude sells major merch, has been loyal as hell since 2008, he's over as **** and there's SERIOUS lightning in a bottle with him right now after that gauntlet performance and he's easily the most over male competitor on the roster at the moment.

Strap the rocket to his back and make him WWE champion at Wrestlemania (even though the audible should have been called and it should have been done tonight).

If they're gonna do it it'd be much better to make it for Wrestlemania. Now if they don't, obviously they should've called an audible for tonight and given him a short run that didnt ruin any WM plans, but I dont have a problem with them holding his big moment off until the biggest stage of them all. He'd especially deserve that.

Reactions: Mike Louis

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They didn’t need to call an audible if they roll with the hot hand and give him the match at Mania. The crowd will still be behind it.

They screwed up not sticking with the hot hand on RAW. They can do it now with Kofi.

This can be an amazing feud between Kofi/New Day and Bryan and his vegan squad.

Reactions: iamjs

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They should have put the title on Kofi here, but I think that shot of New Day with the WrestleMania sign behind them was blatant WWE style foreshadowing.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Nothing against a Kofi push or WWE thinking outside the box. but wasnt this position made for Ali?
i feel like theyre not gonna go that route.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Nothing against a Kofi push or WWE thinking outside the box. but wasnt this position made for Ali?
i feel like theyre not gonna go that route.
The gauntlet was made for him. I don’t think he would have gotten the same response though. A lot of it comes from the respect fans have for him. He truly is a legend, extremely underrated and a veteran.

Idk, that imagery with the WM sign behind him is giving me so many vibes. If there wasn’t more to it, they wouldn’t have closed the show with that image and with Kofi closing instead of Bryan celebrating.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think they very literally did not have any plans for Bryan at WrestleMania. That was probably the point of the gauntlet match in the first place, to weed something out.

It's fair to say people are giving WWE too much credit because they don't deserve any. But the babyface side of the roster in terms of crowd reaction is absolute trash on both brands and New Day have been very over for a long time.

Reactions: Fro

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I can totally see this company having Kofi win at Mania and then drop the belt the next night.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I can totally see this company having Kofi win at Mania and then drop the belt the next night.

Which would be fine, kofi isn’t there for a long run but him winning is a WrestleMania moment.

I feel bad for Ali cause the gauntlet and probably the chamber were designed to se wig he could get the reaction for the big match but he got injured and kofi has the reaction,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad