GDT: WWE Crown Jewel (November 2nd 2018)

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Didn't watch and cancelled my sub a bit ago. Was Renee there/covered? Anything happen there?

And dat booking. :biglaugh: OMG bad.

Cult and WrestleTalk for me. I put on the podcasts while i work out and listen to recaps.

She was on the announce team and wore an all black turtleneck that covered everything minus her hands and face.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only thing that makes sense in terms of booking is that they're leaving it open that Roman will be back for Wrestlemania, and the main event is what I've felt it was going to be for a few months this Roman/Brock again, although now it will be a much different story. And if Roman isn't going to make it, they can do something else, probably do Braun beating Lesnar. Obviously, they have a new deal with Lesnar and is working more WWE dates and throws his UFC ambitions up in the air.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I’m still trying to process Dolph Ziggler beating Kurt Angle and Seth Rollins....just to lose to Shane.

And that comes right after Braun is utterly jobbed out.

This show was the ultimate “f*** you Falco” WWE event

Reactions: Fro and ColePens
Feb 24, 2017
I’m still trying to process Dolph Ziggler beating Kurt Angle and Seth Rollins....just to lose to Shane.

And that comes right after Braun is utterly jobbed out.

This show was the ultimate “**** you Falco” WWE event
Brock wins
Shane McMahon wins “best in the world”
Mr. Stephanie McMahon wins his golden oldies match

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I stuck to my plan of not watching Crown Jewel.

However, I did not cancel my Network subscription.

I watched some better matches instead

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
John Pollock on the Postwrestling post-show said he was told Shane winning the tournament in this fashion was always the plan and intended to set up Survivor Series.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I didn't get to watch since I was at work. Is there a point to watch any of the event? I accidentally saw that Brock won in a squash match which pissed me off enough to not want to watch any of it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess it could be setting up Shane vs Kurt Angle if he returns as raw gm.

Sets up the 5v5 match, where they'll probably do a ton of angles and bury everyone like they did last year.

Shane
Dolph
Drew
Kurt
Corbin

vs.

Shane
Mysterio
Hardy
Danielson
Miz

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Postwrestling live show has been entertaining waiting John and Wai figure out their technical issues. They’re donating $5 for every minute they go to cpj.org. They’ve spent 10 minutes trying to get David Bixenspan on.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I can't wait to get home and watch the trainwreck of a main event. Between HHH tearing something, Kane losing his mask, Taker and HHH botching the barricade and HBK landing on his head during a moonsault... It should be hilarious.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
The only way that booking makes sense is if they're confident of a Roman return before Mania...

I mean theres literally zero chance that happens. theres no way he can go through chemo and be fit to return in 5 months

Rumble 2020 is a possibility if it goes well

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I mean theres literally zero chance that happens. theres no way he can go through chemo and be fit to return in 5 months

Depends how intense his chemo is.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
k7hAM2e.gif

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Not even.

At this point with Roman we should just be hopeful he survives and can live a normal life afterwards. His body may never be up to wrestle again after the intense treatment he’ll be going through.

But, the booking of the title match makes me miss Roman even more. At least we had the champ on TV and could have had some fresh angles. I don’t know what the f*** the point of Lesnar regaining it is.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I was actually for Brock winning the belt...

But did he seriously squash Braun? Jesus Christ...
I saw people saying he got squashed and being pissed but after seeing it, I don't think it's nearly as bad as everyone's making it out to be. WWE was pushing Braun before but realized he was getting more popular than Roman so they turned him heel. I feel like it's pretty clear that they're trying to make Braun the top face of WWE, where Roman was planned to be. He got completely cheated and after taking a blow to the back of the head before the match, still kicked out of two F5s. Go ahead and say he got no offense in, the story is still there for him to be pissed and get another chance where he will be a monster and beat Lesnar for the title. I don't think they'll stretch this to Wrestlemania, I bet he'll have the title by the Royal Rumble.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i mean.... its a reality he's bald. nothing to do there.
he also did better than his buddy. who got injured.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So yeah, Triple H's injury is a torn pectoral and he needs surgery. So there's one part-timer that won't be working Wrestlemania, if he was even supposed to work it this year -- I think that's what the Batista/HHH tease was for, to be honest.

Shawn says he's returning to his regular life and is glad it's over even though he was excited to do it again, but he was the best part of the match and I wouldn't be against him working AJ Styles to be honest. Kane and Undertaker need to go away. Big Show is better than those two these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad