GDT: WWE BATTLEGROUND (July 24, 2016) -- Going separate ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
A good match, not great, with **** storytelling out on outside the ring and backstage.

Also really the Usos lifting Dean up?

Edit: THey should of just stuck AJ or Cena in this match if they wanted to make it about brand warfare and not the Shield.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Here comes the locker room. GTFO with this ****.
Why? Ultimately everyone, even tag wrestlers, want the World Title. It makes the show more important.

The only kind of silly thing is the women.. but I guess every woman wants to be the first WWE World Champion. :P

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
A good match, not great, with **** storytelling out on outside the ring and backstage.

Also really the Usos lifting Dean up?

The Shield Powerbomb into the chair to the back was brilliant writing/booking. It basically was the success and the downfall of the Shield being played out right in front of you. It was such a cool spot.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
good PPV overall. letdown of the finale is more than made up for by that Owens/Zayn MOTY

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I have no clue what happens now... anyone?? lol
AJ didn't come out to celebrate.

He's going to win the title and then move into a feud with Cena heading into Survivor Series or the Rumble.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Tournament for the Raw World Title ends at Summerslam. Roman vs Seth final. Steph/Mick help Roman win. (Claim Seth dropped the ball as #1 pick) Double turn like Rock/Mankind years ago.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We talk about how WWE ***** on their titles. They finally make the title a huge focal point and people are crapping on it? SD wrestlers are happy they have the main title to fight for. It's good fake-wrestling writing. It makes the title feel larger than life and Dean Ambrose is holding it.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
They took the dream match that they've built since before WrestleMania 29, picked the right winner, and then spent 3 minutes talking about a brand split instead of letting the moment have any impact.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
****** blowoff for the Shield as well. This could of been a main event of Mania level match, but it got dragged down by the brand ****.

KO/Sami match of the night by a lot

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
WWE definitely has done well by leaving some questions about the split unanswered. Now they need to capitalize on the interest by putting on quality shows.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
In a match that was built up as "who's the best of us" for the WWE title, Dean ****ing ambrose came out on top CLEAN over reigns.

MCG must be sacrificing a goat to the gods and losing his **** right now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
From my standpoint walking around the boardwalk in wildwood New Jersey I was sports entertained

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
We talk about how WWE ***** on their titles. They finally make the title a huge focal point and people are crapping on it? SD wrestlers are happy they have the main title to fight for. It's good fake-wrestling writing. It makes the title feel larger than life and Dean Ambrose is holding it.

Not only that, people wanted/liked the brand split. THIS is PART OF IT.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Its clear that their will be 2 world titles

Which is a good thing. It keeps the brands exclusive and creates 2 main events at each show.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011

I agree, they have buried Smackdown enough before it can even start. They deserve the title

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They took the dream match that they've built since before WrestleMania 29, picked the right winner, and then spent 3 minutes talking about a brand split instead of letting the moment have any impact.

Exactly. This SHOULD of been the blowoff for the Shield break up. Instead it was drowned out by brand ****.

Should of held off to Summerslam to build this better and let it breath on its own. On its own the match was good, but it just wasn't great.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Well, to be fair, they just gave SD a ton of credibility. With the brand split, they had to do something like that. The title had to be part of A) a money feud, B) staying on SD.

As Cole said, by doing so, they gabe a lot of value to the title.

I would have preferred The Shield Triple Threat to only be about The Shield, but I gotta say I was pleasently surprised that no one interfered.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

I think they have a point. MITB was a flukey thing, so this is the biggest win of Ambrose's career and the announcers talked about Cena and the split instead of the guy who won the damn match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad