WWE 2K20ish

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
This....actually looks like it might be somewhat enjoyable?

I didn't play 2K19. I thought about getting it, the MyCareer seemed like it could be fun, but I've sort of been really removed from wrestling in general for so long that I just didn't.

But this...well, I might look into this at Black Friday.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
This....actually looks like it might be somewhat enjoyable?

I didn't play 2K19. I thought about getting it, the MyCareer seemed like it could be fun, but I've sort of been really removed from wrestling in general for so long that I just didn't.

But this...well, I might look into this at Black Friday.

The careermode looks interesting, but theres also a careermode in 2k19 thats decent. Everything I am reading is that 2k20 is a graphical downgrade, more glitches, and not as good as 2k19. You might be better suited getting 2k19 for cheap. If you like wrestling with legends 2k19 has a lot more than 2k20 too.

I am not one to really complain about graphics, but some of the models look so terrible. Like really really bad.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The careermode looks interesting, but theres also a careermode in 2k19 thats decent. Everything I am reading is that 2k20 is a graphical downgrade, more glitches, and not as good as 2k19. You might be better suited getting 2k19 for cheap. If you like wrestling with legends 2k19 has a lot more than 2k20 too.

I am not one to really complain about graphics, but some of the models look so terrible. Like really really bad.

Not sure if I'd notice a graphical downgrade since the last WWE game I bought was 2K15.

As far as legends go, absent of CM Punk being in the game, the only one I really care about is Sting (hence why I bought 2K15). He was the wrestler that got me into wrestling back in my younger days. I see that he's in this one too.

I was reading some stuff on IGN about the game, seems like VC came in and may have had a net positive improvement though (compared to what Yukes was doing)?

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Not sure if I'd notice a graphical downgrade since the last WWE game I bought was 2K15.

As far as legends go, absent of CM Punk being in the game, the only one I really care about is Sting (hence why I bought 2K15). He was the wrestler that got me into wrestling back in my younger days. I see that he's in this one too.

I was reading some stuff on IGN about the game, seems like VC came in and may have had a net positive improvement though (compared to what Yukes was doing)?

I would argue the opposite from what IGN is saying. Looks like an unfinished product and a net negative. 2k19 has current Sting, Wolfpac Sting, 91 Sting and Crow Sting. I think 2k20 just has Crow Sting.

The career mode in 2k20 seems double the length, so that's a positive I suppose.

I don't know, looking at all the videos I am not impressed whatsoever. Looks like a severely discounted purchase for me. Unless it get rave reviews after release.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I would argue the opposite from what IGN is saying. Looks like an unfinished product and a net negative. 2k19 has current Sting, Wolfpac Sting, 91 Sting and Crow Sting. I think 2k20 just has Crow Sting.

The career mode in 2k20 seems double the length, so that's a positive I suppose.

I don't know, looking at all the videos I am not impressed whatsoever. Looks like a severely discounted purchase for me. Unless it get rave reviews after release.

I did not know that about the different variations of Sting in 2K19 and 2K20...which then leads me to ask what the "real" difference is between current Sting and Crow Sting :laugh:. Never really cared for Wolfpac Sting (other than when I was watching him in the WP), and didn't care for '91 Sting either. Got into his character with the Crow reinvention.

But this is good info, will take a closer look at some stuff before I buy, if I buy that is.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I did not know that about the different variations of Sting in 2K19 and 2K20...which then leads me to ask what the "real" difference is between current Sting and Crow Sting :laugh:. Never really cared for Wolfpac Sting (other than when I was watching him in the WP), and didn't care for '91 Sting either. Got into his character with the Crow reinvention.

But this is good info, will take a closer look at some stuff before I buy, if I buy that is.

I think current sting has that red marching band jacket while crow sting is the leather jacket. You know, really important stuff. :sarcasm:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
makeup is completely different.
but yeah one is "WWE" sting and the other is "WCW" sting.

graphics are better than 2k15 for sure. but it seems like they do look more like shit this year (compared to the previous two)
if you liked 2k15. you'll like this.
if you buy it every year. youll also like it.

if you think 2k19 sucked. well avoid it. cuz its the same damn thing.

basically. judge it like any sports game that gets released every year.
if you skip every now and then. its worth it. if not you might aswell keep playing the old version.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
:laugh:
2k20ew.jpg

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The models are somehow worse looking than the PS2 era games. How the ****?

I mean it's not anything new...but still how? Visual Concepts makes guys in the NBA games look like they've come to life in game form. Nowhere near the same with this.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The models are somehow worse looking than the PS2 era games. How the ****?

I mean it's not anything new...but still how? Visual Concepts makes guys in the NBA games look like they've come to life in game form. Nowhere near the same with this.

Budget maybe. Though the offset to that is the NBA games nickel and dime you bad

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Get 2K19 with the DLC.

You won't have to wait for CC creations, they're already there.

You get more versions of Sting. I think the roster is actually bigger. 2K took over this year from Yukes, so bugs are apparently at an alarming rate.

2K19 is a very good game.
2K20 will be mediocre with all the bells and whistles (zombies, etc) to cover it up.

If you can get 2K19 on PC ... even better. You can mod the game to a high extent.

Ps. IIRC current Sting had a few less agile moves and a slightly lower rating than current Sting due to age.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
People paid $130 for the 20th anniversary of Smackdown edition which included an autographed photo of Edge... which wasn’t autographed. Nice.

Edge offered to personally sign those that didn’t get the autographed photo when he’s finished filming a movie in a month.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
People paid $130 for the 20th anniversary of Smackdown edition which included an autographed photo of Edge... which wasn’t autographed. Nice.

Edge offered to personally sign those that didn’t get the autographed photo when he’s finished filming a movie in a month.

Wow, what an absolute fail on WWE's part.

How do you market/advertise that and then not follow through with the primary sales driver (an autographed picture of Edge)? Like how does that fall through the cracks?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00