Post-Game Talk: WSH @ VAN | 10/25/19 | 10PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Does anyone remember being up 5-1 or was it 4-1 on the Ducks last year and we lost? Revenge game on a different team? Idk. Yes I’ve been drinking
Yes, I remember because that one stung. IIRC either the game before or the game after was a loss to Vegas where we had a solid lead and choked it away.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
When Vancouver scored the 4th goal, I decided to watch the final score and I was pleasantly surprised with the score. And only thing I wanted since it's Carly and Ovi to get points/goals.
But it's still ok with only 2 points for WSH.
Kemper with 2 bombs
Great night for Kuzya too.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I hope to never see that top-line again on the 3rd game in 4 nights. Dominated By Jay Beagle and Tim Schaller and zero effort. If they are all so tired then play them with guys who have legs or sit them. They are due for a bad game once in a while but in the 3rd every time they stepped onto the ice they killed our momentum.

Good win. Nice to see IS step up after giving up 5.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I feel bad for people that called it a night.
OK, somebody go wake up all the folks who went to bed.
Wonder how many people here tuned out and went to bed in the 2nd? lol

All of you guys are correct!!

Screw us all for doubting them.

I went to sleep but I never doubted. I mean I didn't think they would win ;) but when I woke up at 12:47a I still grabbed my phone and looked, cause ya never know right?

The shootout was just beginning and I was afraid to listen to it on the radio but I thought "what the heck" and I did. When I heard Pearson was a shooter for the Canucks I felt really good about the Caps chances. :laugh:

I just watched the third/OT/SO and read the posts from page six on. Really proud of the "bottom six" guys. Man did they step up. It can't be Ovie/Backs/Oshie every night, and they have done their share of carrying the team early on.

Last thing, good on GMBM for filling out the bottom six with the players he did and good on Reirdon for playing them they way he did last night.

Last edited:

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
What a nice surprise, I turned it off at 5-1.

What a game for 92, and right after a classic bout of HF hand wringing about him.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Like most on here, I’m a lover of pond hockey. I can’t stand it when my team plays solid defense with a coherent overall structure.

After reading some of our elite posters’ replies, I am starting to question that view, and am now realizing defense may actually have a place in the game.

Thanks for helping me see the game a little more like an NHL scout would!

Last edited:

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
1st game I missed due to Hallow's Eve pre-party.

Tell me everything that happened.

I hope that was a great party because this game was bonkers! I kept falling asleep and Joe B kept waking me up with his screaming:
UnequaledEnragedHound-size_restricted.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Like most on here, I’m a lover of pond hockey. I can’t stand it when my team plays solid defense with a coherent overall structure.

After reading some of our elite posters’ replies, I am starting to question that view, and am now realizing defense may actually have a place in the game.

Thanks for helping me see the game a little more like an NHL scout would!

bwahahahahaha.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad