Proposal: WSH - MIN

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Kind of interesting since the Caps have no RHD to speak of in the pipeline besides Martin Hugo who is years away from being NHL-ready (if he ever gets there) but this feels like a discussion they'd have during the offseason. Any draft capital they spend now would likely be to upgrade this year's roster.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So he either sucks or you need to pay closer attention to hockey or not post on here. Which is it?
Or none of the above. Not everyone knows the backstory of a 23-year old defenseman whose never played in the NHL and was never drafted and whose rights are owned by a team in another conference. Doesn't mean they need to pay closer attention or not post here.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Or none of the above. Not everyone knows the backstory of a 23-year old defenseman whose never played in the NHL and was never drafted and whose rights are owned by a team in another conference. Doesn't mean they need to pay closer attention or not post here.
And that's fine, but don't chime in with a judgement about a player you know nothing about and act like your ignorance is an indictment of the player rather than exposure of your lack of knowledge

"I never heard of this guy, so he can't be good. Derp!"

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Does WSH need RD? What was the consensus on Dumba when he was proposed with a 1st for Kuznetsov earlier in the season?

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Kuznetsov is scoring at a mile a minute. He's almost certainly unavailable, and likely never was - he has some detractors among Capitals fans for his inconsistency but his high end is very lofty. A contender isn't giving that up.

Beyond that, the Caps have D coming out of their ears, including a backlog of prospect D who can't crack the roster. I don't get this proposal from any angle, myself.

Reactions: Hivemind

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kuznetsov is scoring at a mile a minute. He's almost certainly unavailable, and likely never was - he has some detractors among Capitals fans for his inconsistency but his high end is very lofty. A contender isn't giving that up.

Beyond that, the Caps have D coming out of their ears, including a backlog of prospect D who can't crack the roster. I don't get this proposal from any angle, myself.

Doubt Guerin is interested anyway

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
The Capitals have defense coming out of the woodwork. Fehervary, Siegenthaler, TvR and Alexeev can't make the lineup. It's a weird area for the Capitals to add. The Kuznetsov of it all is secondary.

The Caps don't need D, not at the NHL and not at the prospect level. What they could use is good prospect forwards.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Oh, come on. You know what I meant. The Capitals have defense coming out of the woodwork. Fehervary, Siegenthaler, TvR and Alexeev can't make the lineup. It's a weird place for the Capitals to add. The Kuznetsov of it all is secondary.

The Caps don't need D. What they could use is good prospect forwards.

I can't tell if you're responding to me because you're not quoting my post, but I simply meant that neither team would be interested, so I'm not sure what the point in bringing it up or discussing it is. I know you didn't bring it up, so I'm not speaking to you in that regard, just making a point in general.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
The post in question is gone/totally edited anyway, so I guess it's rescinded. In any event, the OP's proposal doesn't really speak to the heart of Capitals needs, which would be for prospect forwards in general, not D, or else trade deadline adds for a team that fancies itself a contender.

A good point here is that the Capitals might have to be quiet at the deadline owing to their use of LTIR space. They haven't been banking money for additions. Moves might have to be equal money in and out.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
And that's fine, but don't chime in with a judgement about a player you know nothing about and act like your ignorance is an indictment of the player rather than exposure of your lack of knowledge

Unless I missed something all the poster said was, "Never even heard of this kid." Where is he posting a judgment about the player? Or, what's probably more likely, are you assuming that because he said he's never heard of him that he's implying he can't be good?

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
This is a tough proposal to gauge. At this point, Menell's probably only worth a 2nd, but I would never trade him for that. Minnesota says no but I don't think Washington even makes this proposal.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Menell would bring some fresh blood, he's a quite young defenseman.
We have quite a few of those also not playing in the NHL. Not sure I see Menell as an upgrade worth paying for. Caps need to hold dearly to all their picks over the next few drafts. With the Gr8 and Backstrom we’re not going to have “good” picks for at least five more years. Cant trade the decent ones we have now.

Does trading a 2nd seem like a rebuild for the future kind of move?
Does Menell scream Win Now to you?

That logic clearly works both ways. In Wsh position, I keep the pick.

So he either sucks or you need to pay closer attention to hockey or not post on here. Which is it?
All are possible.

And probably apply to most posters on this site, present company certainly included.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Capitals are better stocked on D than anywhere else.

How about that Kaprizov kid?

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
There is nothing on your roster that would entice me enough to trade Kaprizov.

What about Vrana? Top 10 ESG in the last 3 years, that's pretty good. Then McMichael on top who looks like he'll be a surefire top 6 C. Then we have quite a few blue chip D prospects in Fehervary, Siegenthaler and Alexeyev.

I mean, we can do it the easy way or we can have Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Orlov, Samsonov and Alexeyev show up at his doorstep and be like "bro you wanna come play with us and slam shots at the Russia House after wins look at all the fun Russian shit we did with the cup"

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
What about Vrana? Top 10 ESG in the last 3 years, that's pretty good. Then McMichael on top who looks like he'll be a surefire top 6 C. Then we have quite a few blue chip D prospects in Fehervary, Siegenthaler and Alexeyev.

I mean, we can do it the easy way or we can have Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Orlov, Samsonov and Alexeyev show up at his doorstep and be like "bro you wanna come play with us and slam shots at the Russia House after wins look at all the fun Russian shit we did with the cup"

Yeah but guess what dude, kaprizov isn't a free agent anytime soon. He's not going anywhere

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Kaprizov is carrying a team at 23 and appears to be our best drafted player since Gaborik in 2000. He’s doing this while playing with Victor Rask as his center... The only one I consider is Kuznetsov because he’s a center, but he is 5 years older. Vrana is a lateral move at best and completely unnecessary. The prospects are meh. You don’t trade a 23 year old with elite trajectory for prospects, especially when 3/4 are defense and the team on the other end is Minnesota.

By the time Kaprizov reaches unrestricted free agency half your roster will probably be retired.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Why so sensitive? All he said was “Never even heard of this kid”.

That automatically means something bad?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1