Trade: [WSH/IND] Carson Wentz and 2022 2nd for 2022 2nd, 2022 3rd, 2023 3rd

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Disgrace for the Colts. Until I see otherwise, I'm dying on the hill that they traded Wentz for who he is as a person as opposed to his performance on the field, which wasn't elite but wasn't disastrous that you should dump him like that.
Had to beat Jax on week 17 to get in and couldn't.. That sends you packing. Steelers got in instead who were trash... ( Bills lost to both teams)

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
He got COVID not long before and was iced out for a bit. Down the stretch, I can't imagine how that's not a disaster for the offense. And it was easily avoidable.
Testing positive isn't always symptomatic idk ..Covid was hard on some and nothing to others.
Jimmy G is the target in hearing.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
Since the WFT didn't give up too much, I won't call it a bad trade, but many reasonable people don't think Wentz (or Goff) is an NFL starting QB.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Is Jimmy really an upgrade on Wentz? For the 4 games he'll play before getting hurt... maybe?

Slight upgrade, if that.

Wentz is who he is at this point. But I do feel somewhat bad for him.

He was a legitimate MVP candidate the year Philadelphia won the super bowl. Tore up his knee and has never been the same. Physically and mentally.

Kyle089

May 21, 2018
As a Titans fan, I really hope the Colts go after Jimmy G, as he's basically the same as Wentz. Jimmy will make a few good throws and then out of nowhere throw a couple of bad picks and throw the ball 6 feet over the head of his wide open receivers.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't think the Colts will be making another big trade for a guy like Watson or Cousins. Have to imagine the front office will be gunshy after how badly this trade blew up in their face. With that in mind, there's only two realistic options; Jimmy G, or Teddy 2 YPA.

Bridgewater: 18 TD/7 INT/3K yards/7.2 YPA

Garoppolo: 20 TD/12 INT/3810 yards/8.6 YPA

Both guys are firmly what you see is what you get. Bridgewater is the most pedestrian of pedestrian QBs with little arm or desire to throw past the first down marker. Jimmy G is much more of a boom or bust type player. He's capable of great play but will then inexplicably start straight up missing his WRs or making horrendous decisions.

With how the Colts are currently constructed to be a run heavy, more basic offense i'd have to assume Jimmy is the better fit. He'll take chances where Teddy will piss himself at the mere thought of throwing beyond 5 yards past the LOS.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The is the one rare move in which it's more about politics and business than winning games...for Washington at least. Indy is essentially bailed out and gets a severance package via draft picks.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You can’t really compare him with Herbert who is still on a rookie contract
And any starting QB not on a rookie deal makes more than Donald the best defensive player around and one of the greatest of all time.

Just the reality of the position.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
What a bad franchise. They could have given up less for Jimmy G, who brings the same exact things Wentz does without the locker room drama.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad