Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] G Charlie Lindgren signs with the Capitals (3 years, $1.1M AAV)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The f***? I would have taken him back for 1-2 years at around $850K but not sure what he did to deserve that.

Reactions: HabsQC

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Can that all be buried? I think so. Either way, it's a savvy move. Has held his own in NHL action and it never hurts to have a guy who can come up and win a game for you.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Lindgren got a nice raise at 1.1mil x 3 seasons after having a good showing in limited games with the Blues and helped take the Springfield Thunderbirds to the Calder Cup finals with tandem goaltender Joel Hofer ultimately losing the Cup to the Chicago Wolves.

It’s taken awhile for Lindgren to develop but goalies usually take longer.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
You mean like how some were ‘pining’ for Husso? :)

I hope Chucky leads your boys to the promised land, Caps fans!

Lindgren is not a starting goalie. 5 hot games don't change that. Kuemper will be their starter.

Curtis McElhinney is a good comparable career wise if it goes well.

He will have to fight off Fucale who had a similar NHL stretch last year with the Caps.

Reactions: HabsQC

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Lindgren is not a starting goalie. 5 hot games don't change that. Kuemper will be their starter.

Curtis McElhinney is a good comparable career wise if it goes well.

He will have to fight off Fucale who had a similar NHL stretch last year with the Caps.
These are nice problems to have, wouldn’t you agree?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This is a 'bury him in the AHL if it doesn't work out/he makes too much to get claimed off waivers' kind of deal, if you ask me...

His agent did great here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad