Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Capitals sign Zdeno Chara (1 year, $795k + $730k in Performance Bonuses)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I remember bs fans praising him for most of the season but weren't super excited about his play at the end of it. Could have had to do with the break and coming back is tough for the old man to get right back into the swing of it. At that cheap its a good signing for the caps. I'm just surprised the bs didn't match that.

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
How bad do *bruins fans think Chara has been last season? I know bruins haters have been crapping on him for years but I didn’t think he was that bad a couple seasons ago. Obviously not elite anymore, but unless he made an even bigger drop in the bubble I can’t see why him at 3rd pair is so bad

He didn’t look as bad as some past years Caps 3rd pairs

His offense is non-existent but I think everyone knows that by now. He's been able to be solid in his own end solely because he had McAvoy babysitting him, still did multiple things every game that made him look like a liability. He's pretty much done but this is a cheap 1 year deal so I'm sure the expectations are very low anyway.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Sick, I really wanted him to pair with Fehervary but didn't think we could fit him. If only we got Schmidt back somehow instead of Schultz defense would be perfect

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Caps are getting a great PKer and someone who should be selectively used in defensive zone starts. It goes without saying a hell of a leader in the room as well. Just don't expect great end-to-end 5-on-5 play or PP duty, you'll be disappointed.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Wow, I couldn't believe Chara is going to play for a team other than the Bruins, then I remembered that he played for both the Islanders and Senators.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Adding Chara and Anderson to an already aging core. This Caps team is gonna look like freakin Cacoon

Reactions: Morrison

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Chara and Wilson together. Holy crap, the Caps are going to be a very tough team to play against. Hell, OV is a load to play against too. They got Anderson to solidify the nets too. Will be hell for the teams in their division playing them 8 times.

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
Jack Edwards will cheer for Chara as he wails on a Bruin and then when he realizes he's not a Bruin he will correct himself to call Chara "one of the greatest goons and spot pickers who's ever existed"

Cant wait to see how he spins Marchand getting pummeled by Chara next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad