Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Capitals sign Paul LaDue (1 year, $700k)

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
So many 1x0.7s this year!

Also, I guess I didn't know anything about Washington's backend depth.
That's Schultz, Schilling, van Riemsdyk, and LaDue now

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
So many 1x0.7s this year!

Also, I guess I didn't know anything about Washington's backend depth.
That's Schultz, Schilling, van Riemsdyk, and LaDue now

With the likes of Fehervary and Alexeyev with an ahl year under the belt already too seems weird to be picking up every defender on the market. I'm thinking we'll see a Jensen and or Siegenthaler trade soon.

Reactions: uncleben

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Kings officially lose their first UFA.

#7/8 D-man, steady, well-rounded game, looked like he was going to make the jump a couple of years ago to full-time NHL duty, but didn't have a great training camp in 2019 and got passed on the prospect ladder by Bjornfot and Anderson. Top-pairing two-way D-man at the AHL level. I've said for a while he's the type of guy who finds a new life on an expansion team. Think Bill Houlder.

He'll be in the mix for a job in Washington, but probably right about eighth on the depth chart.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
When you’ve been periodically refreshing HF to see if Hall or Pietrangelo have signed and you Start reading “Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Capitals Sign.....and your heart sinks for a moment thinking “no this can’t be how it ends”.....and then you read on to the Delight of Paul LaDue’s name and all is okay in the hockey world

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Both of Schilling and LaDue are for AHL Hershey, I think, with a slim shot at NHL depth. They would not be likely to see NHL ice time unless there's a glut of injuries.

As for whether they're planning a defense trade, who knows? Yet these signings aren't for the NHL and ought not to impact that too much. These two-way deals aren't like the van Riemsdyk signing, which is definitely for the NHL team.

EDIT: I see below that LaDue's deal is one-way; that certainly suggests there could be a trade in that case.

Last edited:

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Both of Schilling and LaDue are for AHL Hershey, I think, with a slim shot at NHL depth. They would not be likely to see NHL ice time unless there's a glut of injuries.

As for whether they're palnning a defense trade, who knows? Yet these signings aren't for the NHL and ought not to impact that too much. These two-way deals aren't like the van Riemsdyk signing, which is definitely for the NHL team.
LaDue is a one way deal.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
He can still play in the AHL on a one way deal, just means he makes the $700K salary regardless of what league.

Hershey's blueline got a lot thinner with guys like Lewington leaving and Nardella playing in Europe this year. These signings are just organizational depth.
I know how deals work but regardless, it is unusual for teams to give guys a one way deal if they are pre-destined for the AHL. It happens but not often. I’ll be interested to hear from BMac.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Isn't that the guy Kings fans said weren't available for Landeskog?

oh yayaya i remember him... he was the one that was drafted the same year the oilers betted the farm on Yakupov being the next elite player, right?

right, right right, i remember now .... thanks for bringing me down memory lane, good times

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
time is a flat circle

76b0.gif

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
I really hope he can turn it around. He has the skill set just wasn’t able to put it together on a consistent basis for the Kings. Hopefully a fresh start can get him into a regular shift and he can carve out a role for himself. We all thought he had second pairing potential at one point.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00