Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Brett Leason signs his ELC

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
True that he was one of oldest, nevertheless.... just because you are old, doesn't automatically
make you ready, he ACTUALLY is ready. and its not because of his age.

You are far more likely to be NHL ready if you are older and more mature...yes, his age is a massive contributing factor

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Can someone fill me in on why he was such a big steal? Wasn't he an overager in the CHL last year?

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
At the World Juniors he looked a lot better than some 1st round picks that are his age.
Ah right forgot how much stock people put into the WJC. Well I sincerely hope he turns out better than every other CHL over-ager to join the league.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
At the World Juniors he looked a lot better than some 1st round picks that are his age.

Kind of went down from there for him though.

As someone who watched a fair bit of Prince Albert both this year and last year, he definitely has improved but to me does not seem like someone who has a superb high end. He seems like either a bottom 6er or maybe a guy who could ride shotgun with two really good players as a cheaper top 9 option (kind of like Hyman without the defensive ability).

That's valuable, but it's far from a steal in the 2nd round. You can find a lot of those guys in the middle rounds or later, they just are not as developed as a D+2 would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad