Wrestling All-Time Draft III - Discussion Thread Two

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
There's a few people I followed, just because they took the guys I wanted, still interested to see everyones cards. A few big matches out there that are sure to impress

For my first draft I think I did alright, was definitely fun and stressful :laugh:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Yeah...
I learned that one has to plan these things...
Or one could fall into a trap...
And try to do way too much.
:laugh:

Luckily...
There is an unlimited free agency.
Otherwise...
I would have been screwed...
Because not counting the announcers...
Referees...
And other non-wrestling personnels...
I needed 33 more wrestlers...
And 1 match type...
On top of the initial 20 picks.
:phew:

Last edited:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Personally, I wouldn't waste picks on refereers or announcers. It would take a very even card for me to split the vote on announcers.

Yeah for me personally as a voter that isn't going to do anything for me. I guess the exception would be an interesting guest referee that added to the match. But when I'm looking at the cards, I'm going to be looking at the matches, commentators and announcers I will just gloss over.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Personally, I wouldn't waste picks on refereers or announcers. It would take a very even card for me to split the vote on announcers.

I took Mauro and Corey Graves to give the card a modern feel. I have a bunch of old timers and Japan guys and felt Mauro would give it some gravitas since he called New Japan for AXS for a while.

I know some here wish for those two to be the actual PPV team. I concur with that assessment too.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sent my card in. Sorry all, busy week at work and this weekend has been non-stop for me. Haven't even managed a solid hour on the computer.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Looking forward to seeing what you guys put together.

Hindsight is 20/20, but even if I had one of the later first round picks I think I could have put together a great card that would have not included some of my all time favorites but also have some interesting storylines. That said I still would have been annoyed at missing out on plenty of other guys as a result of a twenty person draft.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I picked an announce team just for fun. Hopefully people know who Gordon Solie is but some people regard him as the best wrestling PbP guy of all time. That's high praise.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I picked an announce team just for fun. Hopefully people know who Gordon Solie is but some people regard him as the best wrestling PbP guy of all time. That's high praise.

When I researched for my announcement team...
He was always one of the first names that pop out...
As the inaugural...
And only...
Winner of PWI's Announcer of the Year...
Back in 1977.
Apparently...
Even the great Jim Ross sees him as a mentor of sorts...
As he was a big influence on Ross' own style.

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
When I researched for my announcement team...
He was always one of the first names that pop out...
As the inaugural...
And only...
Winner of PWI's Announcer of the Year...
Back in 1977...
Apparently...
Even the great Jim Ross see him as a mentor of sorts...
And learned a lot from him.

I think having him paired with Joel Gertner is hilarious. It's such two different time periods.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
CC - is there an official draw? I want to see how the draw all works out. Or is it random each round?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
One HUGE difference from last year - people are really creative with their cards. Some fantastic booked cards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad