WWE: Wrestlemania 32 Discussion - at least 84k tickets sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

S A W F T*

According to an update I just received on my phone, 84k tickets have been sold.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Of course not. The people who work for the venue have a vested interest in the success of its events. You act like Meltzer's sources have never worked him before. Did you even post what the number even was? Almost sold out is a vague term to use for something like this. They were almost sold out at Levi's for months...they never actually sold out either.
I did post the number. 84k. But I didn't mention that it would be the recored (legit) attendance, which I should have as it will be. That information lets you know how close 'almost sold out' will have be.

But as you say, all numbers are lies so you can't. Guess we'll never know anything any more :(.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I did post the number. 84k. But I didn't mention that it would be the recored (legit) attendance, which I should have as it will be. That information lets you know how close 'almost sold out' will have be.

But as you say, all numbers are lies so you can't. Guess we'll never know anything any more :(.

The number of tickets sold...not the capacity. And don't start the straw man nonsense.

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Of those 84000 how many were comped? Meltz didn't realise SRO have already been sold, and they were quite cheap.

But hey maybe there was a blitz in sales after Shane's return. Don't be surprised if they release seats that are held prior to the 3rd. Concerts and sports teams have done this.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i think they'ld be happy by breaking the record. weather is sell out or not. and that record might be broken right now if they didnt lie about Wrestlemania 3.

ive been hearing that 84K number as well. but whatever. i dont know why is an issue.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I can only parrot what I read. The report says that they're almost sold out and the real capacity is in the 84k range. You make of that what you will.

I trust the reporter not to be making outlandish or unreasonable claims, and to also vet his sources. You don't. You think the report is valueless, I do not.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Of those 84000 how many were comped? Meltz didn't realise SRO have already been sold, and they were quite cheap.

But hey maybe there was a blitz in sales after Shane's return. Don't be surprised if they release seats that are held prior to the 3rd. Concerts and sports teams have done this.

I think the Shane/Undertaker/HIAC announcement did a decent boost to numbers. That, and people who were on the fence realizing that there are still available tickets at a reasonable price compared to having to use the secondary market where they'd be more expensive.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Big Dave did say they have sold enough to break the attendance record. No idea if that includes comps.

Dave I believe still goes with the idea that WM3/WM29 is the record and not Summer Slam 92 (despite enough evidence to the contrary but that is another debate).

So ya 84K of tickets are in people's hands or email accounts it seems.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Would have to think they need to sell that place out to really make a statement. Heading to Jerry Land was a statement that they were gonna fill the place.

Given the dearth of quality booking on the card, I've gotta think they're going to heavily paper the event.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What was 30 and last years attendance records?

77K and 76K for the last two (according to WWE. Also those numbers are rounded up)

They claim WM3 is the record at over 90K but most know that number is paper and the real figure I believe was closer to 70K (still very impressive)

The real record is around 80K which was Summer Slam 92 in England. WM29 might of eclipsed that near the 81K mark but I don't know how honest that number is.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Big Dave did say they have sold enough to break the attendance record. No idea if that includes comps.

Dave I believe still goes with the idea that WM3/WM29 is the record and not Summer Slam 92 (despite enough evidence to the contrary but that is another debate).

So ya 84K of tickets are in people's hands or email accounts it seems.
Meltzer says the record is Summer Slam at 79.127, then WM3 at 78.000. In the latest issue at issue at least.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Meltzer says the record is Summer Slam at 79.127, then WM3 at 78.000. In the latest issue at issue at least.

Well they will get their record officially it sounds like, but they are going to inflate that to the 100K mark when it won't be (and I've read that number wouldn't even fit in Jerry World with the stage they have planned and the seats that have to block out for it).

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
JR's opinion on wrestling is mostly unreadable at times. It's like he's trying to become a WWE employee again saying all the right things. He's got a brain that people would kill to pick, but he typically sounds like he's trying to please the WWE people instead of giving his real thoughts.

Very few times has JR just delivered his opinion on something.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
JR's opinion on wrestling is mostly unreadable at times. It's like he's trying to become a WWE employee again saying all the right things. He's got a brain that people would kill to pick, but he typically sounds like he's trying to please the WWE people instead of giving his real thoughts.

I prefer Austin's take on things currently over JR even though Austin has to sanitize what he says sometimes.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

His opinion is no more unreadable than a lot of fans' opinions. He's just a lot more respectable about it. You don't have to agree with everything he says.

I also don't see how he tries to please the WWE brass when he's been on record saying their number 1, most pushed babyface is miscast and is better suited being a villain at this point in time.

S A W F T*

His opinion is no more unreadable than a lot of fans' opinions. He's just a lot more respectable about it. You don't have to agree with everything he says.

I also don't see how he tries to please the WWE brass when he's been on record saying their number 1, most pushed babyface is miscast and is better suited being a villain at this point in time.

Agreed.

On another note... can't believe this **** is next weekend. Seems like the Rumble was just a few weeks ago.

S A W F T*

Themesong(s):
"My House" by Flo Rida
"Hello Friday" by Flo Rida feat. Jason Derulo
"Hail to the King" by Avenged Sevenfold
"Sympathy for the Devil" by Motörhead
"Oh No" by Goodbye June

Looks like we got a full fledged 30+ minute concert on our hands! No wonder they need overrun.

Oct 18, 2011
atleast he changed the look up..had to after WWE buried him like they did
guy goes out and gets over on his own, and WWE punished him for it
brass ring is ********

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad