Post-Game Talk: Wrapup : Game 4 ANA @ DET

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
In this order - 1. Howard; 2. Dats; 3. Eaves. Good job Brunner, but he was just Johnny on the Spot, he was pretty much a non-factor otherwise. Eaves played a GREAT game, just doesn't show up on the score sheet. Hon. Mention to Cleary, Nyquist and Bert - solid play. Finally, can someone buy Kronwall a stick with negative curve? The guy had at least two legit chances to finish and blew them both way over the net.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Pavel
Howie
Brunner

HM: Smith and Gus. Gus is slowly becoming Mr. OT. Z played well too.

Lashoff seriously needs to go, though. Bring in White please?

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Wings looked pretty mediocre most of the game. Lets not kid ourselves. Jimmy kept the game close then the Wings turned it on in the 3rd and OT.

Kronwall and Big E were excellent.

Not sure what game you were watching then. They made 2 horrible defensive blunders that ended up in the back of the net.

Besides, that "they gave far more then they got."

Its not like they are playing the California Golden Seals....The Ducks are legitimate Cup contenders, who I suspect will take the next 2 from the Wings.

But for this roster, I am pretty happy. and consider this the Magnum Opus for the season.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Game 1 I didn't have a little ceasar's hot and ready. Game 2 I did. Game 3 I didn't buy one. Today I decided to again. Coincidence? Definetely. I'm still buying one on wednesday though.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Game 1 I didn't have a little ceasar's hot and ready. Game 2 I did. Game 3 I didn't buy one. Today I decided to again. Coincidence? Definetely. I'm still buying one on wednesday though.

Crazy bread. Maybe they'll win in regulation.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
For anyone who hasnt seen the goal yet on the Fox sports Detroit feed, go watch the highlites on NHL.com. Ken and Mick are celebrating like we won the Cup. Hilarious. I love it.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
1. Howard (Now that was an Ozzie like response to a bad game... he had some puck luck tonight be made the saves he had too. He looked big tonight. I'd like to see a little better rebound control)
2. Dats (He just turned in on in the 3rd. When Dats is physically involved... he is absolutely dominant)
3. Kronner/ Ericsson (a legit 1st pairing tonight, great offensive zone plays by E, huge check by Kronner... great game!)

Nice to see Smith looking good offensively. If we can get him a solid vet defensive dman (or Dekeyser lol) I think we could see a different Smith next year!

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Datsyuk
Brunner
Smith

Howard made some great stops but I feel like Smith deserves a star for his best game of the season.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
That was another ugly start of a game. CONNECT A PASS. Jesus.

After the Kronwall hit the fans refused to let their team relax again. They deserve a lot of credit. Then Datsyuk went into beast mode, Zetterberg hounded the puck, Franzen looked angry that they took a goal away from him....

I want Kronwall off the team. He go shoot pucks off the glass somewhere else. And he can take Flip with him.

The two halves of the game were night and day. As soon as we started bringing the puck to the net and crashing the crease, good things started happening. Imagine that! Diddling the puck in the corner with sweet passes to the point and the eventual turnover is not a winning strategy.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Ericsson deserves credit for his game today. He's been great. Huge turnaround from last season, it seems his confidence is growing and his dumb defensive plays are barely happening anymore. When he signed the contract for 3.25 I was scratching my head, now I wish the contrcat was longer.

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
Aside from a few stupid plays, I thought Kindl played well defensively. Good skater with ability to take the puck away from an opponent.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Have to say . . . Detroit isn't my first, favorite team because I grew up on another one . . . But Datsyuk has to be one of my favorite players if not my favorite . . . Can not get enough of that guy. Unbelievable skill . . . Like unbelievable. Classy. Tough as nails though not being huge. Man, what a player. MAN what a player. He and Sid are the best two players in the league and its close with the edge to Crosby. But Pavel has intangibles that the Pen captain doesn't even have . . . Just on absolute awe of his performance tonight. And that's an understatement. Just wow.

Aug 6, 2012
Aside from a few stupid plays, I thought Kindl played well defensively. Good skater with ability to take the puck away from an opponent.

Yep, Kindl has his moments every game but for the most part he's solid.

If we want to win this series, Smith is going to have to play like he did tonight. He was a legit offensive defenseman.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
The highlight of this game was without a doubt the INSANE Datsyuk goal!!!!! A pure SNIPE!

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
For anyone who hasnt seen the goal yet on the Fox sports Detroit feed, go watch the highlites on NHL.com. Ken and Mick are celebrating like we won the Cup. Hilarious. I love it.

That's why they are the best, I was celebrating like we won the cup too. :handclap::handclap::nod::nod:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
game 1 i didn't have a little ceasar's hot and ready. Game 2 i did. Game 3 i didn't buy one. Today i decided to again. Coincidence? Definetely. I'm still buying one on wednesday though.

pizza tiiiiime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad