GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I don't want to be that guy because I always find this take obnoxious but I'll be that guy. I think that even if Demko comes back, the winner of this series will lose in 4 or 5 to the winner of the Avs/Stars series.

everyone keeps saying this, though I will say that only one of these teams is getting a top 3 goalie in the league this year back for the next round

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I agree. Wouldn't be surprised to see Silov as the back up. He has most def earned it. And we could save money letting DeSmith walk . Win Win
Silovs is ready for NHL but i would still sign DeSmith to 1 year deal and let Silovs cook more in AHL. We want Silovs to be a number 1 tender in the future so he can really develop playing more games.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I don't want to be that guy because I always find this take obnoxious but I'll be that guy. I think that even if Demko comes back, the winner of this series will lose in 4 or 5 to the winner of the Avs/Stars series.
Who knows. Easy to say. Teams match up differently all the time. I'd rather play Dallas over the Avs personally. Even if we get to the next round and lose I'll still be happy as hell. Getting that far while knocking out the Oilers is enough for me. Team was pegged to miss the playoffs or hardly squeeze in.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
McDavid heard that posts aren't good goaltending, thought "well, what's our excuse then?" and his knees buckled.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Maybe. Canucks were supposed to lose in 4 or 5 to the Oilers. I think the team would surprise against either team with a healthy Demko.

rea

Feb 8, 2011

1000025158.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 22Brad Park

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
That's wild but apparently the stat they said on the radio was for 5 on 5 so my comment was misguided for the 7 to 6.

However even with the powerplays I don't see how almost half of the Oilers chances were deemed high danger. Whomever is calculating that is having a field day with that statistic lol.
Oilers PP is generally under-reported if anything because Draisaitl shots from the goal line aren't considered "high danger."

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Canucks were never even considered a playoff contender. Everyone here laughed at us and told us we would miss the playoffs. Not only the Canucks win the division but they are going far in playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad