GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Better team? Canucks won, and deserved it. Better team better depth, played thru the lineup and didnt rely on 2 star forwards. Maybe works for Edmonton sometimes, but failed again tonight. Will they find a smarter strategy for the rest of the series or do they continue this pattern and bow out, once again? Big decisions for the Edmonton coaching crew on how to move forward here down in the series 2 games to 1.
Rumbling in Edmonton is Draisaitl’s playing through a pretty significant back injury right now. The only reason he’s playing with McDavid is he isn’t healthy enough to haul along his usual cadre of misfit linemates.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
EP's continued disappearing act is seriously concerning. They are winning without him, but that does not seem sustainable at all.
True, but he also needs some wingers. Pettersson is either injured or something is seriously wrong with him

Reactions: ziploc

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I'm not sure what the route is for him. He is good enough to back up Demko. But they might want to get him regular gameplay. AHL would be good to get him ready and get use to a full schedule and define his game. Could also save money letting DeSmith walk . I'm honestly not sure .
Demko shouldn't be playing anywhere near as many games as he normally does, given his injury history. Silovs could be in the bigs and get a lot of games if they did it right.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Is Petey up in the press box with Thatcher now as well? Bold strategy to just pretend your player is out when he's just actually sucking.
Petey might as well be injured and not playing. He is just on the ice for morality.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Hockey games are played at "all situations."

Sure, but the teams play the same amount 5v5, all situations isn't as reliable because one team has more time with the man advantage

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Maybe he does, it happens. McDavid shouldn’t two hand people after the game if he doesn’t want to deal with the rough stuff.

Plus if his teammates are soft and don’t even come to his defence… might want to reconsider even more.

Bunch of hugging after your one hope for the series eats a stick in the face… yikes.
That' was my first point

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't want to be that guy because I always find this take obnoxious but I'll be that guy. I think that even if Demko comes back, the winner of this series will lose in 4 or 5 to the winner of the Avs/Stars series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad