GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
They were better at finishing, but the chances weren’t even close. Edmonton created way more. Silovs stole it and Skinner shat himself in the crease.
“Well yea they scored more goals and all…..” lmao.

Edmontons entire strategy of giving the puck to McDavid….they also scored zero goals even strength.

Canucks have been the better team all three games.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Edmonton had the run of play significantly from the second period on. Canucks went into their shell and I don't like it. It worked, mainly because of Skinner and some poor defensive play from the Oilers and some huge goaltending from Arturs "Post" Silovs, but you can't keep doing that.
Agreed. If you are winning, why change the way you are playing. I get the Oilers needed to ramp up the pressure when they got behind, but the Canucks started coasting and reacting rather than pushing the pace towards the Oilers D.

Tocchet has spent the entire season saying play forward, not backward. Even when defending, push towards the opponent.

Reactions: ziploc

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada

Edmontons entire strategy of giving the puck to McDavid….they also scored zero goals even strength.

I don't know if I would say we were the better overall team tonight. But we did what we had to do. I'll take it.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
1715576396389.png

• Love
Reactions: M2Beezy

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Sure, but every edge you give up is another mark against you. And the one thing I have noticed about Skinner the goalie is that he doesn't rise to greatness. It really is a flatline with that guy.
The skaters might have a different dynamic from game to game, but good lord there is one low standard between the pipes.

hey, I'm not here to boost either team. But a team needs every edge. We all know that.
Edmonton will never win a cup with this core and watching their "fans" complain every year about goalies and refs instead of the lack of commitment to a 200' game from McDavid and Drai is hilarious.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

With average AHL goaltending Edmonton’s up 2-1, don’t kid yourself. Shots were 36-7 oilers after the first. Silovs did an incredible job but the Canucks weren’t the better team tonight.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Actually he was cross checked 3 times- one then the slash the the 2nd cross from behind and 3rd cross in face
He took a little shove, decided to retaliate with a two hand slash. Then ate two cross checks within a fraction of second. Unlucky

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
With average AHL goaltending Edmonton’s up 2-1, don’t kid yourself. Shots were 36-7 oilers after the first. Silovs did an incredible job but the Canucks weren’t the better team tonight.
You realize the score impacts the game right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad