GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
They were better at finishing, but the chances weren’t even close. Edmonton created way more. Silovs stole it and Skinner shat himself in the crease.
Edmonton had the run of play significantly from the second period on. Canucks went into their shell and I don't like it. It worked, mainly because of Skinner and some poor defensive play from the Oilers and some huge goaltending from Arturs "Post" Silovs, but you can't keep doing that.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
The Oilers media are so delusional.

"If you are going to beat a team who is clearly better than you, you need saves like Silovs had tonight".

In what way are the Oilers clearly better? Are we watching the same games?

Reactions: mdobbs

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I predicted Oilers in 5. I thought Oilers take them out. But goaltending Killing Edmonton.
Everyone knew it was a big risk trying this goaltending for the playoffs. Skinner is pretty overrated in Edmonton. I actually didn't think he was that great all season.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
If I'm an EDM fan I'd be more concerned with how the team looked in the last 10mins of the game. The McDavid line looked gassed. Don't care how good the players are. You cannot sustain that amount of playing time.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I predicted Oilers in 5. I thought Oilers take them out. But goaltending Killing Edmonton.
Yeah I thought the Nucks looked to have fizzled out down the stretch and didn't look very good against Nashville. I still think Edmonton controlled huge chunks of play the past two games and the Nucks need to be better if they want two more wins but yeah, goaltending is killing Edmonton on top of not much coming from the guys behind the top line.

Reactions: Scintillating10

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Let Demko rest for next series. Silovs got this with his 44 saves. Ride the hot hand until he loses a game
Silovs was great in this game, but he's been a little shaky the rest of the series. And I think the Nucks play differently with Demko back there. Way more confident. If Demko is healthy (big if) he should start.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
posts shots mean its the best most efficient save. ur not over committed to one side. ur blockin the net and shooter has no hole. he either shoots post or goalie... crybahy Leon
Nailed it. Not even considered a SOG. Pitiful sportsmanship by Drai. Just compliment the goalie and try to win the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad