GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
There isn't a player on Vancouver's roster that is capable of containing McDavid and Draisaitl so it'd be nice if some of the other Oilers' players chipped in with a little bit of secondary scoring.

If Skinner could play like an average starting goalie, that would help too.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Awesome, you keep saying that over and over with zero account as to why, but yah, it's me that doesn't understand.

I can see that arguing with someone that has zero ability to provide a counter argument is pointless.

Have a nice day.
To my understanding, a slew foot is when you come up from behind to push your opponent's leg forward while using your arm/shoulder/elbow to push their upper body backwards.

That is not at all what happened on the Kane play, as Kane came in for a hit and Hughes tried to spin off him last second to avoid the hit.

It was too late for that, however, so he got him mostly in the legs.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Does any other team have the same history with a ref?

Again I'm not saying that the refs are why we lost that game, merely that there were two missed calls that were pretty f***ing bad.

We deserved to lost game 2, without a doubt.
Again - as has previously been stated in the thread - the Oilers had a worse record under that ref than the Canucks did (I have no idea where to source this, but it has been stated a number of times in the series thread).

Yet, it is only your coach and team whining about it.

Reactions: Summer Rose

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
two truths and a lie:
- Canucks fans will continue to cry about penalties just as much as their team's head coach
- Hughes and co will continue to dive at a minimum rate of 5 flops/period
Pot, meet kettle

Also saying Tochett complains a bunch about reffing is hilarious. Guy has complemented the refs all year, even in games featuring egregious calls against Vancouver.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Again - as has previously been stated in the thread - the Oilers had a worse record under that ref than the Canucks did (I have no idea where to source this, but it has been stated a number of times in the series thread).

Yet, it is only your coach and team whining about it.
It was only our team that had a star player get slew footed and high sticked in the face though, again I don't think he is the reason we lost, like at all, its what he let go, like what he's let go so many times before, thats my issue.

To my understanding, a slew foot is when you come up from behind to push your opponent's leg forward while using your arm/shoulder/elbow to push their upper body backwards.

That is not at all what happened on the Kane play, as Kane came in for a hit and Hughes tried to spin off him last second to avoid the hit.

It looked like a slew foot to me, and the definition says often occurring with using arms/shoulders/elbow to push upper body backwards, it doesn't implicitly state this has to be a part of it, merely that "a player comes up behind or alongside an opponent and uses their foot to knock the legs out from under their opponent."

Look it up, that's exactly what Kane did.

Last edited:

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
It was only our team that had a star player get slew footed and high sticked in the face though, again I don't think he is the reason we lost, like at all, its what he let go, like what he's let go so many times before, thats my issue.
And?

There was trips, holds and interference ran on Oilers players during the game too.

The previous game had a blatant hand pass that was ignored.

We can go on and on or we (you guys) can stop whining.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Spec really stirred the drink yesterday eh.

For all the discourse I think there's 1 question thats the test for these plays; if this happened to McDavid would it be a penalty. If everyone is fine with Zadorov making that Kane play on McDavid, even if its a potential injury, then there's nothing to complain about.

I think its been pretty even misses both ways aside from the missed double minor, and it being a tough game has been alot of fun, so anyways.. with that said enough on the officiating for now.

Edmonton's place should be rocking, looking forward to another war tonight.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation

It looked like a slew foot to me, it looked exactly the way your describing it too.
You're entitled to your opinion without having to laugh at someone presenting an actual case that contradicts it.

Maybe that's the kind of behaviour that makes everyone view your fanbase as a bunch of crybabies right now?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
And?

There was trips, holds and interference ran on Oilers players during the game too.

The previous game had a blatant hand pass that was ignored.

We can go on and on or we (you guys) can stop whining.
If you don't understand the difference between not calling a routine penalty and not calling a slew foot or a high stick to the face I don't know what to tell ya man

You're entitled to your opinion without having to laugh at someone presenting an actual case that contradicts it.

Maybe that's the kind of behaviour that makes everyone view your fanbase as a bunch of crybabies right now?

You know what, fair enough, I took away the laugh.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
If you don't understand the difference between not calling a routine penalty and not calling a slew foot or a high stick to the face I don't know what to tell ya man
A penalty is a penalty. Your penalties aren’t better than ours, sorry. Your missed calls aren’t better than ours either.

If it’s not called, it’s not called. On to the next.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Who would Canucks fans prefer to start tonight? DeSmith or Silovs?

Probably Silovs again, he was really good in the last game so I don't think you go away from him.

The issue since Silovs took over has been; if you go back to DeSmith & he has a rough outing, then you've messed with both goalies.

And aside from game 1 Silovs has played well enough these playoffs that he deserves the run.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015

Kane led into that hit with his hip every replay shows it

Reactions: Summer Rose

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

It looked like a slew foot to me, and the definition says often occurring with using arms/shoulders/elbow to push upper body backwards, it doesn't implicitly state this has to be a part of it, merely that "a player comes up behind or alongside an opponent and uses their foot to knock the legs out from under their opponent."

Look it up, that's exactly what Kane did.
It’s a trip, and that’s all it was.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
As an Oiler fan (sorry) I would prefer Silovs. I think it's because the Oil made DeSmith look very good as recently as April.

Yeah I think DeSmith was 2-0 against the Oilers this season, that’s why I was wondering what Canucks fans general opinion was.

But it makes sense that if they went with DeSmith and he got obliterated, both goalies mental has been messed with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad