GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We’re down 2 because Nurse is strong? WTF are the refs thinking? Can we just have a remotely competently reffed game
That, the Draisaitl penalty and this last BS roughing penalty were all BS. Meanwhile their goalie grabbed Ryan's stick and no penalty. On the Ekholm penalty there was interference along the walls again no call.

Reactions: TB12 and frag2

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Worried this was going to be a dicy refereed game after the non-Hughes call last game. This has been a soft, over managed game tonight by the zebras.
Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what’s happening. Wouldn’t be surprised if the League ignored the egregious high stick on Hyman too.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Skinner's sinking this team, and somehow Oilers yet again will never have a power play advantage in a game. Man, I'm fine if they just don't f***ing call anything, but letting like 20+ vicious cross checks go and then calling 2 very soft ones is just ridiculous. The standards on the Oilers last 2 penalties should have been at least 30+ penalties in this game already between the two teams.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This game turned on that awful call on Draisaitl in the first period. Despite all the cross checks the Canucks were getting away with the Oilers looked like they were taking control of the game. Oilers have looked frustrated with the referees since that point and have been guessing what the rules are since then.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Game over. I mean we had all the momentum at 3 2 and then as always dagger goal when we need a save.

I mean they did give us two straight, and let's be real, absolutely ridiculous penalties.

Yeah Skinner needs to make a save, but the last 4 penalties have shifted this game's momentum in a very dramatic way.

For a league that has refs that claim they don't want to leave a mark on the game, Rooney and Skillter have left their shit stains all over this one.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Satire

Nov 20, 2016

I can see why after watching the last 3 penalty calls on the Oilers.

Cross checking on Ekholm for, uhhh... How does one cross check with no stick? Oh yeah, Nurse gets a penalty for uhhh... Uhh cross checking, when he didn't even wind up and the dude just fell in front of him. Laddy lays a nice clean hit on Kane, but then he starts punching him. Oilers get a penalty for uhhh... Roughing? I'm so confused.

Reactions: iCanada and TB12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad