GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Well I was about to turn the game on…hmmmmm

This team is a yo yo of insanity.

I was looking at some stats. I think Stu is like 21/23 out of goalies that have played in the playoffs in terms of sv pct. Good times!!!

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Meh Good teams expose shit teams.

For all the chest thumping that takes place in this forum Oilers are a shit team

Colorado made Hellenbuck look like a backup in their series.

Hellencbuck couldnt save the oilers stupidity
U must be a troll?

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
WHAT DOES KEVIN BIEKSA HAVE TO SAY ?
MV5BNDAxZjExYzctNTZiNi00MTgyLWExNWEtNmM4NjJiOTI2MTIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyNDQ2NjI@._V1_.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Sanchez

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Speaking in absolutes is nonsense. Of course they don’t need to play perfect defense lol. Do you think they played even half decent defense that period?

Obviously not. But when your goalie lets in every single good chance, you’re not winning a hockey game.

Reactions: frag2

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Whats Skinners save % in this series. .750?

Silovs had exactly the same difficulty of shots. Lets in one. Is fantastic for his club and including cheating and holding Ryans stick to prevent a gaol. Does anybody think Dope Skinner would ever think of doing that. No, that would be another goal.
No he didn't. He allowed 2 to hit posts also. Boesers just went in. Holloway and Kane also are not on the same level as Boesers shot.

Sure you want Skinner to make one of those saves, but stating Silov is outplaying him cuz the shooting talent on chances is completely lopsided is nonsense

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Pickard would have got us here too. Frankly so would have Campbell.

Thing is Skinner just looks f***ing awful. 20 games of being absolute f***ing garbage in the playoffs.
This is a really good point. I mean which goalie couldn't get us to the second round Vs a washed up kings team? Skinner doesn't move the needle at all. He'll silovs robbing Ryan at the end. What a critical save. Their literal 3rd stringer is hasek standing next to skinner.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Bad defense leads to bad goaltending. Dallas or Colorado would be up by a touchdown with the way we played.
Have you even watched the Dal-Col or Fla-Bos series? There's way more grade A chances than in this series, but they actually have goalies in those series. Even Georgiev who isn't good is playing miles better than Skinner.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
No he didn't. He allowed 2 to hit posts also. Boesers just went in. Holloway and Kane also are not on the same level as Boesers shot.

Sure you want Skinner to make one of those saves, but stating Silov is outplaying him cuz the shooting talent on chances is completely lopsided is nonsense
Sure bobby

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Yet Desharnais every game is making the worst passes of any D. A good pass by Vinny is one that gets out and sails down the ice for icing. About the best you can hope for from him. Vinny and Skinner don't belong on a contender club. Turn it into pretenders. Just awful players.
Vinnie is good on PK and blocks shots, everything else passing, shooting and skating he is sub par. Easy guy to like but yah that passing is brutal.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Mike Smith at least brushed off a bad start and came back in games, playoff Skinner hasnt showed that ability yet.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I don't disagree - pull him
Just the he sucks always sucked same shit all the time
F ing grow up

Stu got us here. And I'm a big supporter of Pickard. I think he would have too. Campbell? Not a chance
And in back to back playoffs hes shown thats all he can do.

Reactions: TB12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad