GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
And this is why I say there is no point being arrogant before the games.
We got owned from the start of 1st with Skinner leading the way

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Silovs did something novel... actually tried to make a save. Lo and behold it worked.

Skinner should give it a try.

Our sack of shit goalie is getting outplayed by the Canucks 3rd stringer lmao and has every game so far.
I’m gonna tell you right now, and I’ve said this for the last 3 years.

If we NEED a shutout in most games to win in the playoffs then just turn off the TV. Our offence is non existent and our defence isn’t good enough.

Because right now we have 1 goal, and it’s because of the PP.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Most goals in the NHL are due to defensive breakdowns.

Difference is, some goalies dont put up 88% save percentages cause they arent awful.

Skinner probably thinks he was good that period.
Most goals are not due to defensive breakdowns on the level of the 2nd goal lol. But sure continue to give the other 18 guys on the ice a completely free pass.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Even a momentum shifting goalie pull would be useful... it's not an insult for a goalie to get pulled,.. you aren't going to "destroy" Skinner.

Pickard deserves a look because Skinner hasn't been spectacular.

Stecher and Pickard in.. and I'm going to say this would likely be a tie game right now.

Reactions: RegDunlop

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Not focusing on our details. Playing dumb in front of the home crowd and not handling the moment.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The Oilers cant come back next year with Skinner as a goalie.

After watching him continually turn into a dud in the playoffs is a sign they dont care if they think they should run it back with him.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Can't write up a worst imaginable start. Win a huge momentum swing game 2 then completely go flaccid to in front of a jacked up home crowd. Oil are the team and players who were supposed to be steeled in playoff experience but have unravelled in their own zone protecting of a weak link goaltender. Stunned.
You're stunned? It's been this teams calling card for years now.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Can't blame Skinner for any of those goals. That's entirely on defensive bad plays.
I get what your saying but watching other series I see teams make bad turnovers and their goalies bail them out. You are holding your breath every time the puck is put on goal with Skinner. If only for a potential change in momentum you pull him, hell Boston pulled Swayman in game 3 and you could argue to that point he was the best goalie in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad