GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I’m not dying on any hill. Just find it hilarious that some fans refuse to put any blame on anyone except Skinner for every single goal. Maybe I’m dying laughing because so many have zero emotional intelligence and just need someone like me to rage at on line lol.

I’m not dying on any hill. Just find it hilarious that some fans refuse to put any blame on anyone except Skinner for every single goal. Maybe I’m dying laughing because so many have zero emotional intelligence and just need someone like me to rage at on line lol.
Most goals in the NHL are due to defensive breakdowns.

Difference is, some goalies dont put up 88% save percentages cause they arent awful.

Skinner probably thinks he was good that period.

Reactions: TB12 and frag2

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
What a pathetic first period.

Should seriously consider putting Pickard in for the second period. Silov has outplayed Skinner all series.. a third string goalie. Foegele should be relegated to the 4th line.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
It's exactly what you implied. People ripped on skinner cause he's 2 games and period into a series of total shit goaltending.
No it’s what your feelings wanted to see so you could lash out. Wasn’t what I said. But your right Skinner hasn’t been good at all so even on plays where the team totally f***s him some fans can only blame him 100% for everything. I get it.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Goalies are there so we can play like garbage in our end? Come on.

Three guys flew the zone last goal against. When we commit to both ends of the ice we win. “outscoring” gets us to the golf links.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
What can you do when we only have 5 NHL players?
That's the crux of the issue right there. Nobody contributes outside of their top 5 unit. You're going nowhere depending on one unit to do everything, with a defense that turns the puck over constantly and a goalie that needs a perfect environment in front of him to make saves consistently but we all kind of knew that Holland wasn't serious about winning when the team actually got worse going into the season and his deadline additions haven't done much of anything.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Knob doesn't pull him. Reminds me of Woody not recognizing a struggling goalie until the game is out of reach. Repeat and rinse bs cycle. Tough to watch this garbage.

I would be floored if Skinner starts the 2nd.

The only reason why he wasn't yanked after the 3rd goal was because there was only 1:26 left.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Reffing just absolutely slanted in the Canucks favour as well.

2 shots off the bar and an utterly brain dead giveaway by Foegele.

The sad thing is Silovs is not a very good goalie and looks super beatable.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Can't write up a worst imaginable start. Win a huge momentum swing game 2 then completely go flaccid to in front of a jacked up home crowd. Oil are the team and players who were supposed to be steeled in playoff experience but have unravelled in their own zone protecting of a weak link goaltender. Stunned.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Goalies are there so we can play like garbage in our end? Come on.

Three guys flew the zone last goal against. When we commit to both ends of the ice we win. “outscoring” gets us to the golf links.
That’s not flying the zone, it’s getting in position for a breakout.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Such a typical Oilers period. Goalie can't make a save. Lets hit 3 posts and not score at all. Have a basically open net and a puck right there and our 40 year old plug can't even pot that. They had like 2 high danger scoring chances and they got three goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad