GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Ceci-Nurse problems are overrated. Particularly the criticisms of throwing puck along the board and not getting it out. This happened around 50X to Dallas last night and they only paid for it once because they have a premium goalie, last line of defense, that makes up for a lot.

Dallas were basically doing the same thing we are. Banging pucks up boards, if that doesn't work bang harder. They were avoiding at all costs pucks up the middle unless Colorado had vacated zone or were on line change. Colorado were stuffing boards and stopping those pucks all the time and it didn't matter.

its on the Oilers where every not perfect play ends up being a threat because of our goaltending.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I mean, he could have moved Ceci, Foegele, and Kane to upgrade. He was happy not moving a roster player- no matter how shitty they are or have been
And who would have wanted these players? Kane has a nmc and supposedly was a bargain signing. No way he was getting traded ala Nuge anytime soon.

The other 2 held negative value and could likely clear waivers if placed there.

GMs likely wanted guys like Holloway, Desharnais and Bouchard AND players with NTC wanted no part of Oilers (Tarasenko f***er)

Expect a high energy game. Hope the boys can come out flying and not let up this time.
The team in past has gone the opposite way of what's expected... let's hope it's not the case tonight

Reactions: Oilhawks

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
If he gives up 6 or 7 he can calm down, he will be on the bench going forward
Yeah I agree what we want is to win easily tonight and blow out in game 4 when we're up 3 - 1 to demoralize them and have them ready to pack it in.

Then nucks need to decide what they have to do desmith or silovs.

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I would love for this series to play out like the BOA. Bad guys win game 1 and we win the next 4.

oilers can do it, the Nucks aren't ready for this level of competition. They played Nashville, we’ve been getting beat only by the eventual champions. Keep wearing them down, win this series inch by inch and don’t lose focus

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
So glad we got the split in Vancouver and didn't lose in overtime. I'm really hoping that the crowd will give our bottom 6 players a boost. No depth scoring means no cup. They need to put on their hard hats and contribute with a greasy goal or 2. LETS TAKE A SERIES LEAD!
Maybe they will get some power play time. The refs were doing everything they could to give Vancouver a chance.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I would love for this series to play out like the BOA. Bad guys win game 1 and we win the next 4.

oilers can do it, the Nucks aren't ready for this level of competition. They played Nashville, we’ve been getting beat only by the eventual champions. Keep wearing them down, win this series inch by inch and don’t lose focus
Calgary are bad guys, Canucks are bouch-bombers.

Does the league want more games or they don't care if the series goes 4 or 7 games?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The Ceci-Nurse problems are overrated. Particularly the criticisms of throwing puck along the board and not getting it out. This happened around 50X to Dallas last night and they only paid for it once because they have a premium goalie, last line of defense, that makes up for a lot.

Dallas were basically doing the same thing we are. Banging pucks up boards, if that doesn't work bang harder. They were avoiding at all costs pucks up the middle unless Colorado had vacated zone or were on line change. Colorado were stuffing boards and stopping those pucks all the time and it didn't matter.

its on the Oilers where every not perfect play ends up being a threat because of our goaltending.
So why is it the one pairing that consistently gets caved by the opposition? Their underlying stats are atrocious and it’s not like they’re getting anything done offensively to make up for it. They’re not even getting matched up against top competition. They’re being outscored by… what, 5-1 so far this series?

If all the pairings were getting roasted you’d have a point but they got eviscerated by the last two teams we lost against in the playoffs.

Reactions: NashtoNowitzki

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Sam is slower than Perry and hasn't won anything. Keep Perry in.
Perry can stay, never even mentioned him. Gagner goes to the net and has a better chance of contributing offensively than Brown. Brown's 7 minutes and penalty wouldn't be hard to replace

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Yeah I agree what we want is to win easily tonight and blow out in game 4 when we're up 3 - 1 to demoralize them and have them ready to pack it in.

Then nucks need to decide what they have to do desmith or silovs.
I would rather put 6 or 7 on him tonight, he gets benched, and we put 6 or 7 on the next bum

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

I want Dallas to go through, but I was seriously hoping they blew that 4-0 lead in the 3rd, just to take the sting out of our game and proudly yet ignorantly proclaim "see, contenders do it too!" Haha.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Let's crush the Canucks and boo Zadorov every time he touches the puck.
I do wonder if the whole "Edmonton boring" things by Zadorov is a plan to put attention on him and off guys who can do actual damage like petterson Hughes etc who have been no shows this series.

Imo don't give that ogre Zadorov the attention he is seeking.

I think 5 tonight gets us the win, get get them goals boys
Never know with Skinner but hope you're right.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I want Dallas to go through, but I was seriously hoping they blew that 4-0 lead in the 3rd, just to take the sting out of our game and proudly yet ignorantly proclaim "see, contenders do it too!" Haha.

Agreed, but to be fair they did blow their 3-0 lead in the first game

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
And who would have wanted these players? Kane has a nmc and supposedly was a bargain signing. No way he was getting traded ala Nuge anytime soon.

The other 2 held negative value and could likely clear waivers if placed there.

GMs likely wanted guys like Holloway, Desharnais and Bouchard AND players with NTC wanted no part of Oilers (Tarasenko f***er)

The team in past has gone the opposite way of what's expected... let's hope it's not the case tonight
Hahaha, other GMs manage contracts every freaking year. It’s just the Oilers I guess who are restricted in doing so. Must be a league rule I missed. You would think the highest paid GM in the league could manage a trade.

Great interview with Zack Kassian now on ched. He got an Oiler tattoo today.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
We want em all!!
Just from the Nucks we should have taken Lindholm, Zadorov, Kuzmenko, Lafferty, and Soucy.
Holland missed out on all. Good thing Katz and Hymans dad were able to buy Cole.
I wouldn’t want a single player you mentioned, loser Flames will always be loser Flames.

Reactions: Dieseloil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad