GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Someone want to post the record when McDrai play together vs split up? I don't know which site you use to find that one, but last time it was posted, the record was pretty heavily tilted in the stacked line's favour.

I get the idea that splitting them up should make the team deeper, but I'm not convinced the team is actually better for it, because the two of them are just so dominant.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Oilers found their legs and their game in period 3 and OT, let's hope they can build from that and come out banging! Keep welcoming Hughes to REAL playoff hockey. They should be a bit intimidated coming into Edmonton. Oilers need to win this one for their Mamas or else!!!!

Reactions: snipes and Oilhawks

Oilgasms

May 7, 2011
Edmonton
Taking a look at Ceci's Ice Time the last two playoffs:
1715532985833.png

It seems like once we get into the second round, his ice time takes a pretty significant hit. I wonder what it will take to get Stetcher in but I think he deserves a look. Knob's deployment of Ceci may show that he's losing faith in him as well (or it could be that he just play less when we're playing from behind lol).

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I think it's a mistake not drawing in Gagner and brown. Especially if they go 5 man unit again.

Brown is responsible defensively and Gagner could centre a 4th line.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Taking a look at Ceci's Ice Time the last two playoffs: View attachment 869296
It seems like once we get into the second round, his ice time takes a pretty significant hit. I wonder what it will take to get Stetcher in but I think he deserves a look. Knob's deployment of Ceci may show that he's losing faith in him as well (or it could be that he just play less when we're playing from behind lol).
Yeah I'm not sure Ceci is an upgrade on Stetcher this year, I'm not looking it up right now but I feel like Stetcher was getting better results in Arizona than Ceci did all year. Stetcher can skate too which I think could be a big factor in this series.

I'm firmly in the camp that believes Ceci is dragging Nurse down.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Taking a look at Ceci's Ice Time the last two playoffs: View attachment 869296

Tocchet already said he's going to make changes - suspect Cole may come out. I have no idea why this team is married to ceci.

Yeah I'm not sure Ceci is an upgrade on Stetcher this year, I'm not looking it up right now but I feel like Stetcher was getting better results in Arizona than Ceci did all year. Stetcher can skate too which I think could be a big factor in this series.

I'm firmly in the camp that believes Ceci is dragging Nurse down.

Yeah I mean nurse ain't no makar but he would look way better with any other dman on the team aside from him.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(Series Tied 1-1)

Game Day: Sunday May 12th 2024
Game Time: 7:30 PM
Broadcast: SN / CBC

-----

OIG3.T6.3XIkE8NciR61QbWsd

-----

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS

GAME 1

GAME 2

-----

extralarge.png

Leon Draisaitl - Connor McDavid - Zach Hyman
Evander Kane - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Warren Foegele
Adam Henrique - Ryan McLeod - Corey Perry
Dylan Holloway - Derek Ryan - Mattias Janmark

Mattias Ekholm - Evan Bouchard
Darnell Nurse - Cody Ceci
Brett Kulak - Vinny Desharnais

Stuart Skinner

-----

extralarge.png

Pius Suter - JT Miller - Brock Boeser
Nils Hoglander - Elias Pettersson - Ilya Mikheyev
Dakota Joshua - Elias Lindholm - Conor Garland
Phil Di Giuseppe - Teddy Blueger - Sam Lafferty

Quinn Hughes - Filip Hronek
Carson Soucy - Tyler Myers
Nikita Zadarov - Ian Cole

Arturs Silovs

-----

OhP88N1.jpeg

• Projected lineups based on last game.

• Just win.
Holloway on the 4th line again? What has Foegele done to stick in the top 6?

Yeah Foegele not feeling it lately. Also I love Corey Perry but I think Holloway needs a jump at the expense of one of them.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Makes sense, Henrique was looking slower than usual. I think Brown can add something in this series, hopefully he shows up tonight.
The ultimate clean slate match. If there is anyone playing for a contract next year it's him.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Juvenile but felt I had to post this on GDT on mains -

Keep up Vancouver.
You had your moment. Home Ice advantage which I must admit you did better than I thought you would.
However the split is a killer for you as you now have to enter the home of hockey in Canada (outside of Montreal).

I sincerely hope you all get your voices, likes, and agility in your fingers back prior to training camp. You've really outdone yourselves in the 'annoying but irrelevant' category this year.

Enjoy the summer after thus last week of hockey for you.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Juvenile but felt I had to post this on GDT on mains -

Keep up Vancouver.
You had your moment. Home Ice advantage which I must admit you did better than I thought you would.
However the split is a killer for you as you now have to enter the home of hockey in Canada (outside of Montreal).

I sincerely hope you all get your voices, likes, and agility in your fingers back prior to training camp. You've really outdone yourselves in the 'annoying but irrelevant' category this year.

Enjoy the summer after thus last week of hockey for you.
Needless..
What is it suppose to accomplish?

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
So glad we got the split in Vancouver and didn't lose in overtime. I'm really hoping that the crowd will give our bottom 6 players a boost. No depth scoring means no cup. They need to put on their hard hats and contribute with a greasy goal or 2. LETS TAKE A SERIES LEAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad