GDT: WQSF | II | "Response" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.10.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Doesn’t even look like we’re playing close to our top level this series. Oilers are finding it hard to find their game and confidence. McD being a prime example.

This team needs a “moment”. Something to get them pulling in the same direction.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Genuinely fire Schwartz

Every goalie on this team forgets to move across the net on a cross ice pass and every goalie on this team goes low on every f***ing shot with the exception of the insane Smith.

It's been said about 90 000 times.

Give up on Skinner after this change if he does f***ing nothing.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That's after a horrible game 1. If the Oilers lose this series, they would have to break this team up. There is no way, they will improve with no cap space and guys like Kane getting 1 year older.
For sure. This is almost certainly the last run for this group if they flameout of this series in particular. I just don't know how you can keep this group together with far more expensive contracts and an aging core. It would be lunacy.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
You don't win a cup with a .884 goalie
we all knew this heading into the season, what happened to anyone who made a fuss?

Canucks fixed their team

why couldn't Holland?

his boss Bettman told him not to get contender good

Holland washed his dick but good

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Im rooting for the Oilers in this one. Too many odd-man rushes coming back our way. Very frustrating watching the Nurse-Ceci coverage on that Zadorov goal too. Too many men or not, why the feck are you puck watching and getting caught flat footed while its coming down the ice towards you.
Appreciate it. At least one non Oilers fan won't laugh and sneer till the end of time if we lose this series.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Im rooting for the Oilers in this one. Too many odd-man rushes coming back our way. Very frustrating watching the Nurse-Ceci coverage on that Zadorov goal too. Too many men or not, why the feck are you puck watching and getting caught flat footed while its coming down the ice towards you.
You mean the Zadorov goal from the goal line that shouldn't be a goal against even an ECHL goalie? That one? , thats on Skinner all day.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I used to laugh when people called Smith a battler like it was some sort of compliment. After watching Skinner, I would love a goalie who "battles"

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Maybe Skinner is so calm because he's hopped up on ativan? Jesus I've never seen a goalie so consistently unprepared for shots throughout at game. It's over for him; you can't be a started with a head like that.
I think Skinner just doesn't have another level mentally. He's like RNH, just a type of person that is happy to be there and enjoy the moment.

I mean, it's no real disrespect, there's a lot of people out there that are grounded and do their jobs and go home. That's a fine mentality if you're working in an office or on a construction site. Doesn't really work as a professional athlete.

Hrudey praises that he always bounces back and never gets down or let's anything bother him. In my opinion, that's also his biggest weakness because he never seems to get mad and recognize that he needs to fix his shit or it's bust time.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
For sure. This is almost certainly the last run for this group if they flameout of this series in particular. I just don't know how you can keep this group together with far more expensive contracts and an aging core. It would be lunacy.
Just blow it up entirely at this point. If you can’t win a cup with McDavid and Draisatl you’re never winning one again.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Zadorov is pulling off McDavid like shots. Drai and McD both attempted that same shot this game and missed. That says a lot about where our confidence is right now compared to theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad