GDT: WQSF | I | "Regularly Scheduled Programming" | Oilers @ Canucks | Rogers Arena | 5.8.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

LW1, I choose you!

• Mattias Janmark

• Warren Foegele

• Connor Brown

• Dylan Holloway

• Corey Perry

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
From my poor lip reading skills looked like Drai was mentioning his back. Could have tweaked it and as anyone who's had it knows you feel like you can't even move. But can usually also have it go away after a bit, certainly would be a better outcome than a sprained knee or torn groin or something like that

Yeah a tweaked back and be miraculously better like 48 hours later (as an IT worker in my 40s I know this intimately, lol). We aren't going to find out what it was though, so all speculation at this point. I will admit that the replays of Myers and then the trainer looking like he was checking Drai's back on the bench does make it look like a back issue.

Reactions: Satire

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Drai is never out this long. Doesn't look good.

f***ing Stuart Skinner. this game is 4-0 without him goofing up on both Vancouver goals and taking a penalty. Same period. jebus.

people wonder why I don't trust this goalie at all.

Also maybe McD could wake up in this game. He hasn't had a good game against Canucks all season.

To be fair, Shitlovs gave up two stinkers as well. That's the difference

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
The second one for sure. His stick should be on goal line flared away from the net. Brutal.

Eh that really wasn't the problem. You want your stick positioned like that to prevent a cross crease pass, but if you're using RVH then the stick's heel should be right up against the top of the down pad.

I never used RVH (that style didn't exist for playing pucks behind the net) so I usually used the opposite, which meant the pad against the post was up instead of down so I didn't have any five hole. Example:

9F57AeP.png

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Not really. I used to have debilitating back spasms in my early 20s where if I wiggled a toe I’d be in extreme pain and I have a higher pain tolerance. I’d be laid up for days where I had to literally roll out of bed slowly just to crawl on my hands and knees to the bathroom or to the couch, I could not walk upright. They would hit with no warning either, just a wrong move would trigger them. They f***ing sucked.

For sure if you get them repeatedly. One offs suck but go away.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Man every post of yours is anti-Oilers negative bs here and in the main thread GDT same schtick from you always go back to CP
You say this but that’s not true in the slightest. You just ignore me when it’s positive.

Shit I spent a whole afternoon shitting on the Canucks and Canucks fans.

I’ve even said numerous times we are going to roll this fake team.

I’ve literally defended Skinner on both goals.
Take a hike.

Reactions: TheNumber4

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
If that’s all it was. The Myers contact. It shouldn’t be much….
Ya might be a weird tweak. I’m no pro athlete and haven’t had back problems, but last winter I got a random tweak that had me on the floor, the wife had to throw an elbow into the muscle just to get me moving. Few days of physio and I was up and running again. But I was out that day.

Reactions: TheNumber4

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Drai is never out this long. Doesn't look good.

f***ing Stuart Skinner. this game is 4-0 without him goofing up on both Vancouver goals and taking a penalty. Same period. jebus.

people wonder why I don't trust this goalie at all.

Also maybe McD could wake up in this game. He hasn't had a good game against Canucks all season.
I mean the first goal he had no control over? The second one I agree but he has made big saves

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
This was my thought. Maybe a broken or fractured rib. Can make it pretty hard to breathe.
I don't think it's that, much harder to break ribs there, I think he just got hit in this spot where I've pulled muscles and it made it hard to breathe especially when I exerted myself., can be heat, iced, massaged out pretty well.

Reactions: Satire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad