GDT: WQSF | I | "Regularly Scheduled Programming" | Oilers @ Canucks | Rogers Arena | 5.8.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

LW1, I choose you!

• Mattias Janmark

• Warren Foegele

• Connor Brown

• Dylan Holloway

• Corey Perry

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I will not complain about officiating.

(another reminder for myself after it worked in round 1)

That might be a challenge.

Look who the NHL decided to assign to our game, which is likely to be heated and includes pre-seaon commentary by the Nucks coach trying to frame the diving nonsense:

Attachments

• Screenshot by Snip My on May 8, 2024 at 2.56.11 PM.png
    Screenshot by Snip My on May 8, 2024 at 2.56.11 PM.png
    283.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Wow
Reactions: TB12

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Does anybody know if Henrique has even made the trip to Vancouver? Have a feeling that Holloway may step up and grab that spot... Holloway's coming out party these playoffs.

IF Holloway could steal a top 6 spot that would be massive, as that would let you shift Henrique to centre and be 4 lines deep.

Holloway-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Drai-Kane
McLovin-McLeod-Perry
Janmark-Henrique-Ryan/Brown

2 lines centred by Hart winners, one beating you with speed and the other with size, plus two lines that will hound you up and down the ice for the entire game. Seems like a recipe for success.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
As long as we match their physicality, we'll be fine. Really need the guys on the bottom 6 to respond and play hard against the Nucks. My only worry is we don't hammer their stars as much as NSH did, and they maybe get a bit more time and space. We mitigate this, it's ours to win.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Nobody was trading their pending UFA for Foegle who is a pending UFA. We were kind of stuck with him. Let's hope he does something in these playoffs.

there were teams like Philly that wanted to simultaneously sell and compete.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Had an insanely busy day, but accomplished a lot, so it was a great day (and makes the time to puck drop go by faster).

Going to finish off the great day with an Oilers victory. Yes, the Oilers will win tonight.

Shame Rico is not well enough to play tonight, but rather him heal fully before getting back in. Janmark in his place makes a lot of sense. You need someone defensively responsible on that line so that McHyman can do their thing and not get burned.

Boys need to lean HARD on Hughes at every opportunity. Get him out of it, and the nucks will fold. And lots of pucks on Silovs. Overwhelm him.

Reactions: Kerberos and guymez

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Once I saw the penalties that were being called against LA my thinking went that direction also. Doubt we get favorable calls if we play Colorado, Florida or NYR
especially the Draisaitl goal. I don't think I've ever see one of those go our way. I've seen plenty go the other way (high stick two years ago, Kesler clearly grabbing Talbot's pad, etc.)

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
As long as we match their physicality, we'll be fine. Really need the guys on the bottom 6 to respond and play hard against the Nucks. My only worry is we don't hammer their stars as much as NSH did, and they maybe get a bit more time and space. We mitigate this, it's ours to win.
All that matters is if skinner can be good. No game 2 like last series or like all of the playoffs last season, please.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I remember the last playoff game versus the Canucks, I was in grade 7.

The Oilers were up 3-2 in the series, coach Pat Quinn had this white piece of paper in his hand with his game plan to beat the oilers.

Quinn and his assistants kept referring to the paper plan from the onset of the game and throughout.

The Oilers prevailed and Quinn tore up that paper game plan into about 14 pieces and thew it up in the air once the game ended.
It rained down like thick snowflakes and I remember laughing my ass off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad