Proposal: WPG/NYI

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Samberg, Petan(Rights), Myers(retained and conditional 2019 3rd round pick if he doesn’t re-sign)

For

NYI 12th(Originally Flames) OA pick + Mayfield

Jets explanation: They get to pick up a qaulity prospect in a needed position(Center or RD) as Samberg is at a position that looks as if a strength going forward as I Doubt he gets the minutes he deserves with Morrissey, Niku and even Stanley testing agaisnt him. Petan doesn’t fit the lineup as he’s a high risk high reward type player/prospect and Jets already have that high reward filled out in the top 6 and his role wouldn’t fit his skill set, talent and size. By next season Myers could be a player we won’t have the luxury of keeping and Poolman is deserving of minutes now.

Islanders explanation:

For one with a retained Myers the Islanders would have a very high qaulity RD trio and would make there team better now(I’m assuming a move that makes that happen would be if it in influencing Tavares as well). Even if the NYI’s can’t keep Myers next season they have a higher chance of keeping Tavares imo, to add to that they would also get a qaulity LD prospect who can be that all-around Defensemen the Islanders have been looking for on the Left. Add Petan in addition as he won’t fit in the Jets he could potentially breakout and be a very good player in this organization who has the lack of depth to test his skill and maybe find that high reward he could come with.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I wouldn't want to give up Samberg with Myers. So, I would say no thanks to this one.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Samberg, Petan(Rights), Myers(retained and conditional 2019 3rd round pick if he doesn’t re-sign)

For

NYI 12th(Originally Flames) OA pick +h.
Not giving up 12OV for 1 yr of Myers and I wish opposing fans would stop using the weak excuse of " isles should willingly get bent over because it'll show Tavares how serious they are".

How about instead, the isles trade that 12OV as the key to a package and get a 2nd pair defenseman with term?
Below is a link to Flames GMs comments.
He has been trying to acquire a 1st rounder and says it is unlikely because the cost is a good,young roster player.

There is also a tweet( may be from Friedman, cannot remember). Anyway, the tweet was that Lou is putting a high price on his 1st rounders.

Flames GM on acquiring first round pick: Don't hold breath - Sportsnet.ca

Last edited:

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Counterthought

NYI trade: 12th OA

WIN trade: RFA Jacob Trouba and Brandon Lemieux

Islanders explanation: They need a Trouba. They can pay Trouba long-term. They can re-up him now. He can do reallll good things here. Trouba makes them like so much friggin better.
Lemieux a player who the Jets already have. In fact, they have three who do what he may one day do in the NHL, namely Copp, Tanev, and Lowry. Lou knows Brandon's father pretty well. Lou likes kids like this on his 3rd and 4th lines. And Brandon really isn't far from the show.

Winnipeg explanation: How are they keeping all those Dmen happy ($$$)? Haven't there been problems with Trouba's camp in the past??? Do they really want to deal with him in negotiations again? Time to free up the theoretical 5+ million that's going to him in his next deal. And how are the Jets gonna keep all those great shiny prospects they have??? They're overflowing! Need to start turning them into something. And what is it the team really doesn't have right now (aside from perhaps a 2nd line center to compliment Scheifele)? A neat little 1st rounder in a very highly touted draft!!! Ding ding ding. That's a likely blue-chipper they'd be getting at 12! And that's what they need to add to be ready to step in when all these other guys start getting too pricey in several years.

Sidenote:
Sure, I'm being a bit cheeky here.:naughty:

I know people will think this is surely far too little to get back for Trouba.

But will real life GMs when taking such factors as those mentioned into account?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Counterthought

Islanders explanation: They need a Trouba. They can pay Trouba long-term. They can re-up him now. He can do reallll good things here. Trouba makes them like so much friggin better.
Lemieux a player who the Jets already have. In fact, they have three who do what he may one day do in the NHL, namely Copp, Tanev, and Lowry. Lou knows Brandon's father pretty well. Lou likes kids like this on his 3rd and 4th lines. And Brandon really isn't far from the show.

Winnipeg explanation: How are they keeping all those Dmen happy ($$$)? Haven't there been problems with Trouba's camp in the past??? Do they really want to deal with him in negotiations again? Time to free up the theoretical 5+ million that's going to him in his next deal. And how are the Jets gonna keep all those great shiny prospects they have??? They're overflowing! Need to start turning them into something. And what is it the team really doesn't have right now (aside from perhaps a 2nd line center to compliment Scheifele)? A neat little 1st rounder in a very highly touted draft!!! Ding ding ding. That's a likely blue-chipper they'd be getting at 12! And that's what they need to add to be ready to step in when all these other guys start getting too pricey in several years.

Sidenote:

But will real life GMs when taking such factors as those mentioned into account?

This offer is as bad as the OP. No chance Trouba goes that cheap.

Reactions: Snowman

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
HF logic:

2 or less years is a rental. No chance our team can resign him for market value. Player has no value.

3 years or more. That’s too much term, this player has no value.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
HF logic:

2 or less years is a rental. No chance our team can resign him for market value. Player has no value.

3 years or more. That’s too much term, this player has no value.
Ok fine.

To Winnipeg: Brock Nelson +Mayfield

To LI: 2018 2nd + 2019 2nd

I am sure Nelson,1 yr from unrestricted free agency, will be no problem to extend.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Counterthought

Sidenote:

If Trouba doesn't want to sign here, it's not a terrible idea, without Lemieux though. But I don't even think Lemieux has a ton of value.
Draft wise I don't think they get much better than a 12th for Trouba. Maybe 12th and decent prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad