Confirmed with Link: [WPG] Laurent Brossoit signs with the Jets (1 year, $1.75M)

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
41SzIdKqpcL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I had this sick idea that we could get Comrie and Brossoit both back and run them as a tandem. This is slightly worse. Bravo, Chevy.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Chevy cooking with butter!

Love me some of the flaky pastry, starter or backup.

And Whatshisname Delia Smith in the kitchen backing up the backup's backup.

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
First news about the Jets that my wife cares about in over a year.
LB is on her list of "boyfriends".
Hopefully he plays well for us.

Nothing wrong whatsoever with a healthy sports crush.

.... he said, sighing wistfully, lost in thoughts of his forbidden crush on the captain of the US hockey WNT.

OH yeah, I half-called this, I suppose. I suspect the other half of the "Recycle Everywhere" tandem (Mr. Comrie) may be a while away still.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
1 year $1.75 is solid.

Looks like Brossoit and Delia is our tandem. Makes the Helle move more interesting now.

If injury-prone Brossoit is our starter trashbag Delia is our back-up, we should have just embraced the rebuild THIS year.

Either Helle is staying or we get yet another goalie.

Delia is a third-stringer/AHL goalie.

Had a croissant for breakfast this morning. It was a sign.
I took a dump this morning. Maybe that’s a sign too.

PS: get rid of that avatar right meow!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Helly is a Jet for next season until the Jets trade him. I still don't see the Jets extending Helly , more so at $9.5 million / year.
Totally agree, as I just cannot see the Jets paying Helle $ 9.5 mil per year. Maybe they would go $ 7.5, and 8 mil tops on Helle, but he wants way more. I think a trade is incoming shortly on Helle.

I do think they try to resign Scheifele tho, in the range of about $ 8 mil per season over 5 years, and no longer than that.

Also possible , both get traded -- should be interesting, but I can't see the Jets keeping Helle around considering his asking price.

I've always liked Brossoit, but he seems to play better as a backup.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
Very happy with this! I feel like we got the best 25-30 start goalie on the market.

Am still wondering if this makes it more or less likely we sign Hellebuyck??? Feels like each is equally likely.

Could still him being traded & getting a lesser guy to platoon with LB. But really, the only guys out there on the trade block that would fit the bill for me would be Vanacek and one of Swayman/Ullmark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad