Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jets sign F Daniel Torgersson to ELC (3 years, $867.5k AAV; begins 2022-23)

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I was a big fan of Torgersson in his draft year but last season he had a really, really bad knee injury. I'm not sure how diminished his skating is as a result but he couldn't crack Frolunda's squad this season and was loaned out to the Allsvenskan.

Reactions: hn777

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Torgersson could be our happy prospect story this season. I know I know, first 2 games, exhibition, yadda yadda yadda, but he has really stood out as fast, skilled smart player and looks like he can put the puck in the net.

I try not to get too excited about prospects in exhibition, but I think we have a lot of interesting prospects bubbling up at forward and D. Torgersson, Essy, Maenalainen look like guys who could be ready to contribute right away and provide some dynamic play to a bottom six that has muddled through guys like Brooks, Nash, etc. etc.

I don't mind Toninato, he's a pretty high effort, safe player, but I'm not sure what he brings in terms of special ability to actually make the bottom 6 better. If I was him I'd be very worried about being a FT player on this team. Current players who really could earn a spot is significant:

Harkins
Gus
Gagner
Maenalainen
Barron
Eyssimont
Toninato
Lowry
Appleton

with a darkhorse nod going to Torgersson who I don't think was in the plan but he may be forcing the teams hand with his play.

We know Gagner, Lowry, and Appleton are locks for the roster, so that means in my mind 7 players are battling for 3 spots. I don't know if the Jets will carry 8 D and 13 forwards, they may have to with waiver concerns with guys like Kovacevic.

It's unrealistic but I'd like to see the Jets somehow leverage some of our depth to upgrade the top six forwards. If we could find a team like Philly who are obviously out of it, and give them some youngsters for... nevermind, I just looked at the Flyers roster, oof.

Reactions: SLAYER

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm a Sens fan so I watched the game yesterday and he looked incredible. Let's see but he looks promising.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad