WPG Jets Autopgraphs

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
So with Covid in-person autographs are all but non existent.
Does anyone recommend a legit site to get signed Jets photographs?
I always get my little guy a signed Jets player 8X10 then take it to pictures frames and more and get it plaque mounted for his birthday which is coming up.
There are lots of stuff online...some seams reasonable Ehlers for $45 but that’s $USD and then they charge you $20USD for shipping so it’s like $110 bucks... then there’s EBAY but not sure if I trust it...
To be honest even before COVID there was a dramatic slowdown of in person signings of Jets players at events ...

Reactions: Brominator

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
So with Covid in-person autographs are all but non existent.
Does anyone recommend a legit site to get signed Jets photographs?
I always get my little guy a signed Jets player 8X10 then take it to pictures frames and more and get it plaque mounted for his birthday which is coming up.
There are lots of stuff online...some seams reasonable Ehlers for $45 but that’s $USD and then they charge you $20USD for shipping so it’s like $110 bucks... then there’s EBAY but not sure if I trust it...
To be honest even before COVID there was a dramatic slowdown of in person signings of Jets players at events ...

You are a good dad!

I am always wary of any autographs from non-trusted sources like Kijiji, eBay or what not. You may want to check out Jets Gear... I think they have some autographed stuff on their website. Probably not the cheapest but at least you'd know it's legit. Or a trustworthy place like Joe Daley's... he may have some stuff your son might like.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Pay the extra money and make sure it’s authentic.
Jets Gear
Frameworth
Search By Team - Winnipeg Jets - Page 1 - Frameworth Sports
NHL.com
Winnipeg Jets Photos, Jets Photos Collection, Jets Photos Gear | Shop.NHL.com

Websites set up by companies with exclusive signing deals.

Something that is PSA/DNA authenticated. Although not always fool proof.

Way too much garbage out there. Forgery is big business.

Pay the extra money now and at least it may stand a chance to hold its value.

Frameworth sometimes has their stuff on Amazon. I picked up some nice Ducky autos for a great price with free shipping.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
72-73 Jets with most of the signatures.

Attachments

• 20210312_234636.jpg
    20210312_234636.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: macmaroon

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Pay the extra money and make sure it’s authentic.
Jets Gear
Frameworth
Search By Team - Winnipeg Jets - Page 1 - Frameworth Sports
NHL.com
Winnipeg Jets Photos, Jets Photos Collection, Jets Photos Gear | Shop.NHL.com

Websites set up by companies with exclusive signing deals.

Something that is PSA/DNA authenticated. Although not always fool proof.

Way too much garbage out there. Forgery is big business.

Pay the extra money now and at least it may stand a chance to hold its value.

Frameworth sometimes has their stuff on Amazon. I picked up some nice Ducky autos for a great price with free shipping.
Thanks...I used to try and get in person signings when players used to go to car dealerships/shoppers drugmarts and so forth and sign stuff for charity...was great and always got stuff personalized for my son...(yea it brings down the value) but it’s priceless having Jets stuff with his name on it in his room...
Really though before Covid hit the in person signings were really taking a hit...they were gettting rather rare...maybe it was guys turning the stuff around they got signed and selling it for double the $$ and they killed it? I don’t know..

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Really though before Covid hit the in person signings were really taking a hit...they were gettting rather rare...maybe it was guys turning the stuff around they got signed and selling it for double the $$ and they killed it? I don’t know..

This has to be a factor.

Here's a story that comes to mind. I took my kid to a Winnipeg ICE player meet'n greet at Subway last season. He's 7, he likes the players and looks up to them, so it was a thrill for him to talk and get a picture with them. He asked them to sign his ICE pennant which hangs proudly in his bedroom.

There a few ICE fans like us, but there were probably about seven or eight grown men with a pile of Peyton Krebs cards and pics putting them in front of him to sign. Maybe some were collectors but you knew some of it had to end up on eBay. This was for a junior player (yeah I get he was a first round pick, but still)... one could only imagine what it would be like for a pro. Someone like Scheifele or Ehlers shows up to a public event like that and you probably end up with guys carrying suitcases full of stuff for them to sign.

Reactions: jetsforever

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
This has to be a factor.

Here's a story that comes to mind. I took my kid to a Winnipeg ICE player meet'n greet at Subway last season. He's 7, he likes the players and looks up to them, so it was a thrill for him to talk and get a picture with them. He asked them to sign his ICE pennant which hangs proudly in his bedroom.

There a few ICE fans like us, but there were probably about seven or eight grown men with a pile of Peyton Krebs cards and pics putting them in front of him to sign. Maybe some were collectors but you knew some of it had to end up on eBay. This was for a junior player (yeah I get he was a first round pick, but still)... one could only imagine what it would be like for a pro. Someone like Scheifele or Ehlers shows up to a public event like that and you probably end up with guys carrying suitcases full of stuff for them to sign.

Yeah I never got those guys
First, come on it's ridiculous, and second, who would even want to buy a generic autograph from some dude on eBay which might be real

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
This has to be a factor.

Good point... when my son was first born seven years ago I bought one of those full length Jets novelty hockey sticks... I would go to Jets player appearances at shoppers drug marts and car dealerships where you were allowed one item to get signed... my idea was that I would eventually get the stick completely signed for my little guy...
I tried to also go to practices to get the stick signed but A: felt I was interfering a bit. and B there were so many adults there with binders full of stuff for them to sign I just didn’t want to be part of it. The Jets guys did seem to comply especially for those with kids...but either my kid was too young to bring or he was in school...

Really once Covids over it would be great if players would go back to having organized appearances where you can only get one, maybe 2 things signed. And perhaps you have to get it personalized that would completely kill the selling on the Secondary market...Charge $50 for charity...

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Shoppers Tuxedo used to have nice charity signings before Covid. However, I think they are now under new ownership so not sure if that will start up again. My wife purchased a VIP signing for me with #55. He signed a bunch of stuff for my collection. He did have to ask his handler about certain inscriptions on some items.

I like my stuff personalized as it’s for my enjoyment and not for sale.

I have grabbed lots of nice autos on eBay. I will buy personalized stuff. I have some pretty obscure stuff all signed to someone with my same name. Value is always there and not too likely to be forged. Especially the older stuff.

I have a nice Jim Kelly hat personalized to his buddy who just happened to have the same name as me.

AJ is authentic but pretty pricey. The Ducky is now $149 for an 8x10. I was grabbing them for $40 last summer.

Winnipeg Jets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad