Waived: [WPG] D Declan Chisholm waived by the Jets (claimed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Does San Jose take a jab?

They have like 10 guys at this level. Not sure they are the team although they could of course use another blueliner who can move the puck.

As always, I think he’s a long shot at this point to be anything all that significant but he can move the puck and that’s always valued.

My guess is he’s picked up but also has a decent shot at ending up back on the Moose before the season ends.

Reactions: hn777

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Jets went from losing 4 NHL D (Buff, Trouba, Chairot Myers) and running a bunch of #6/7 guys to acquiring Dillon and Schmidt and Pionk and DeMelo and not having room for the younger guys (and now losing some on waivers).

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I think he's an NHLer, he's never gotten a real shot in the lineup with the Jets.
I can see it now. San Jose defeats Winnipeg in the 2025 WCF. Gawanke and Chisholm refuse to shake the Jets' hand and skate away. Newly signed FA and assistant captain Brenden Dillon comes over and pulls them back. We can see Gawanke mouthing "I hate that team. Their wifi sucks!". Camera pans over to another Sharks FA signing Dylan Demelo in the handshake line. :naughty::naughty:

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023

Jets went from losing 4 NHL D (Buff, Trouba, Chairot Myers) and running a bunch of #6/7 guys to acquiring Dillon and Schmidt and Pionk and DeMelo and not having room for the younger guys (and now losing some on waivers).
One of the reasons we need to move Schmidt in the offseason… not before, but definitely this up coming offseason

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If he clears, he'll get to play lots on the Moose.
As someone has said, he's our #9 D man, how much can it hurt.
Even if Schmidt gets moved, is he going into that spot?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He needs to play. If that’s not in Winnipeg, then so be it. Time for the Jets to do right by him, and they are today. Finally.

At 24, Chisholm has only played 8 games all year between his conditioning stint and the 2 NHL Games. That’s not cool for a guy who needs to play.

There’s a good chance he’s actually claimed, or they would’ve sent him down 2 months ago. Teams usually know if someone will be claimed. At least they have an idea. Whatever the case, he knows he’ll finally be playing soon.. Whether that’s in the NHL or Manitoba.

Watch out for Vegas throwing another claim out there btw. If he makes it to them.

Theodore being out, is killing them. The biggest issue for Vegas right now? Moving the puck. Chisholm can move the puck. Protect him with McNabb, they may find a keeper. Or at least a stop-gap until Theodore returns.

Reactions: hn777

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
This is Kovacevic 2.0, and we can't really afford to lose RHD prospects. I have a feeling Chisholm is getting claimed, but a move like this must mean that Heinola is ready to go, and that's even more exciting. Stanley should've been traded already though, this is a farce by now. The guy is not going to work out on our team, it's better to keep the rarer prospect.

Reactions: uncleben

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
This is Kovacevic 2.0, and we can't really afford to lose RHD prospects. I have a feeling Chisholm is getting claimed, but a move like this must mean that Heinola is ready to go, and that's even more exciting. Stanley should've been traded already though, this is a farce by now. The guy is not going to work out on our team, it's better to keep the rarer prospect.
Chisholm is a lefty

Or Jazz.

Can you imagine a guy with the name Jazz Chisholm? Sounds ridiculous!
That's better than Chas :eek::eek::eek::eek:holm

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I hope he gets claimed so he can play some games. Jets need to stop protect gyus with double names at all costs. Looking at you Paul Stanl,,,,, I mean Logan Stanley

Reactions: Nevins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad