Confirmed with Link: [WPG/ANA] Nic Kerdiles for De Leo

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
He has outpaced De Leo's production the past two seasons.:dunno:

Guessing some of it may come down to size, maybe?
Could there be something position-related to this? Kerdiles is listed as a LW, which I don't think De Leo has played.

Reactions: purdy44

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Interesting trade. Kerdiles was considered a pretty solid prospect a few years ago but has just been toiling away in the minors, not really getting much of a shot at the NHL and suffering through a plethora of injuries, including a really bad concussion last year.
He's a great skater, goods size and has some decent hands. His shot is his best asset as he's more of a scorer. Uses his size effectively to crash the net.

Could end up being a good pickup for us if he can stay healthy.

Reactions: Jetsetter

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Could there be something position-related to this? Kerdiles is listed as a LW, which I don't think De Leo has played.

DeLeo played a lot of C in his rookie season, but last season he mostly played LW, I think.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I’m totally ok with this deal. Getting a bigger player who has flashed scoring ability in college
Maybe a reclamation project. You never know, there might be something there still.
DeLeo wasn’t going anywhere with the Jets.

Reactions: Jetsetter

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Both long shots to make an impact in the NHL at this point... but if I had to choose one over the other it would be Kerdiles.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Kerdiles is a better, more productive, AHL player when healthy.

He has a pretty good shot at lasting 4 to 7 years in the NHL as a bottom 6 guy, if he can stay healthy.

But health is a serious question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad