Confirmed with Link: WPG acquiring Nino Niederreiter from NASH for a 24 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Many will disagree with me but I think this trade was among friends. Or at least between 2 GMs that respect eachother. Poyle and Chevy are GM brothers. 2 long-term execs that local fanbases are loosing patience with. Nash could of waited until the deadline and probably could of garnered another pick. Wouldn't be surprised if Chevy returns the favor in the future especially if his team ever gets to a simular place as Nash is now

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Nice pickup for the team BTW what should we call him on the GDT?:laugh:

This is all I got.
76a13d66-5a7a-4eb4-8574-48307e263729_text.gif

“El Niño” seems an obvious fit for both the pin value and his generally stormy temperament.
93D5B7FF-A09D-49BA-AF61-454F715D0A32.gif

Love this Deal, always liked Nino’s style & think he’s a great fit to fill one of our needs. Great work Chevy.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nino is all digging the puck out and shooting. Ehlers would be a good fit, or Wheeler if they play him on his natural side. Options now with a guy who is *at the moment* much better than Perfetti or Wheeler at the things he does. Hopefully they get to add that Perfetti piece back in the playoffs.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
Many will disagree with me but I think this trade was among friends. Or at least between 2 GMs that respect eachother. Poyle and Chevy are GM brothers. 2 long-term execs that local fanbases are loosing patience with. Nash could of waited until the deadline and probably could of garnered another pick. Wouldn't be surprised if Chevy returns the favor in the future especially if his team ever gets to a simular place as Nash is now
wrong! if that was the case future considerations would have been included in the trade ;)

Reactions: macmaroon

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Really love this move. These are the kinds of deals that make sense. Trade middle or late round picks and prospects for rental types, but 2nds and that tier of piece for a player with some term. And don't waste 1sts and top prospects on rentals.

I'd love to add another just like this.

Props to @DRW204 who i believe has mentioned Nino multiple times.

han316

Feb 6, 2013
Nice start! Need another forward and a D-man.. I don't want to see Samberg or Stanley in the top 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad