Would you want your team to sign Evander Kane to a minimum contract?

Would you want your team to sign Evander Kane to a minimum contract?

• Total voters

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Why? Wouldn't he fit in well with Mailloux?
I don't know how to reply to this knowing full well that it is tongue in cheek in a baiting sort of way. I will say that one of the 2 has spent all the chances in the world while the other has been given 1 chance so far and doesn't seem to want to waste it (very early, still, of course).

In any case, having a guy like Kane around kids is the last thing you want.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What does that mean?
Explain yourself please

I should have said "It seems that a lot of people still don't give a crap about all these societal movements"

32.3% of people have voted yes. It's almost like they'd rather bury their head in the sand if that guy married their daughter, as long as he plays for their favorite team!

By societal movements, I was mostly referring to #metoo, with how many assault and harassment charges Kane has gotten, as well as domestic violence allegations

I mean, somebody with one isolated allegation like that could be given the benefit of the doubt, but when there's plurals, at some point you have to call a spade a spade.

Evander Kane shouldn't be near any NHL team

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I should have said "It seems that a lot of people still don't give a crap about all these societal movements"

32.3% of people have voted yes. It's almost like they'd rather bury their head in the sand if that guy married their daughter, as long as he plays for their favorite team!

By societal movements, I was mostly referring to #metoo, with how many assault and harassment charges Kane has gotten, as well as domestic violence allegations

I mean, somebody with one isolated allegation like that could be given the benefit of the doubt, but when there's plurals, at some point you have to call a spade a spade.

Ok

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl

Thanks for the clarification. I was under the impression that you were saying that people voting didn't care about racism issues. Glad you cleared that up; and I agree with you.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Thanks for the clarification. I was under the impression that you were saying that people voting didn't care about racism issues. Glad you cleared that up; and I agree with you.

I see. Assholes can come in any color. Personally, I don't really care "which color a person is" as it makes no difference. My wife and her brothers are the same color as Kane

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I see. Assholes can come in any color. Personally, I don't really care "which color a person is" as it makes no difference. My wife and her brothers are the same color as Kane
I don't care for skin color either. But racism in hockey exists and with the movement just initiated by Anthony Duclair, Akim Aliu, Nazem kadri and others, it is a current discussion. Timing made it seem like your post could have been related to this social issue. Either way, I agree with you on all accounts.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't care for skin color either. But racism in hockey exists and with the movement just initiated by Anthony Duclair, Akim Aliu, Nazem kadri and others, it is a current discussion. Timing made it seem like your post could have been related to this social issue. Either way, I agree with you on all accounts.

Yeah just a coincidence that Kane is not white. I know we should be much farther in evolution but here we are. Humanity is such a mess, I mean, we have partially destroyed our own eco-system. Gotta be frankly stupid

ConnorMcBackcheck

Dec 31, 2021
USA
Easy, anyone that says otherwise is just being ridiculous. There have been complete pieces of shit in every era of this league. Guys who literally f*** their teammates wives, etc. Drug addicts, guys that beat their wives, drive drunk, etc. You're adding a 30 goal, physical player for league minimum? Who's saying no?

This is probably his last chance to get any kind of money back on a future contract. If he blows his chance and gets cut from a second team in one season he'll be playing in the KHL for the rest of his career. And he knows it. You're getting Kane for cheap and on his best behavior. He's going to be looking for a good situation where he can produce offensively and possibly win something. Edmonton makes a lot of sense, and Washington has a ton of space. Plenty of teams could use his services.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Easy, anyone that says otherwise is just being ridiculous. There have been complete pieces of shit in every era of this league. Guys who literally f*** their teammates wives, etc. Drug addicts, guys that beat their wives, drive drunk, etc. You're adding a 30 goal, physical player for league minimum? Who's saying no?

This is probably his last chance to get any kind of money back on a future contract. If he blows his chance and gets cut from a second team in one season he'll be playing in the KHL for the rest of his career. And he knows it. You're getting Kane for cheap and on his best behavior. He's going to be looking for a good situation where he can produce offensively and possibly win something. Edmonton makes a lot of sense, and Washington has a ton of space. Plenty of teams could use his services.

I mean shouldn't it have hit home to Kane to be on his best behaviour years ago?

It's now two dressing rooms that have kicked him out. Why would anyone actually think it would be different this time around. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
You're saying that as if we can count on Kane thinking like... well, not an idiot.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
No for the Canucks. Even if we were a top contender I’d still feel the same way as he’s the type of player who could hurt team chemistry.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Times have changed, society is finally developing a conscience. A cover up like the Kyle Beach situation used to be ok, now it's not, these things are being called out for a reason. People are waking up.

People like Kane need to be put in the background a bit, find a way to humble them up

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I didnt but frankly as an Oiler fan Im feeling desperate so yes. He can play goal right?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Kane has some personal issues he needs to work on....wouldn't want him anywhere near the Wild's dressing room.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Kane's best behavior is not much to speak of.

No playoff team should wish to gamble. A piece of shit on and off the ice. Easy pass.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
I voted yes. I think the Bruins have solid enough leadership to get him on the straight and narrow, and they could really use some more secondary scoring. If he can't listen to Bergeron, he's a lost cause.
And if he screws up, dump him. Pretty low risk.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Just curious where people stand on this.
To ba fair, rebuilding teams won’t touch him with a 20 foot pole.

Team that need an extra gritty guy that can score… maybe.

I’d really laugh if he ends up in EDM and screw’s up McDavid. LoL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad