Proposal: Would you want Nolan Patrick, if it means giving up current assets?

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Not sure I'd give up a 2018 pick just yet. There is no telling how we improve next year. 2018 is looking like a stacked draft well into the 3rd round maybe even 4th with some crazy high end talent. No one should be trading 2018 draft picks honestly. From a year out that draft looks deadly.

To be honest I don't know that much about the 2018 Draft, do you think there is any Centers of Patrick's caliber(I know Dahlin, Svechnikov and Tkachuk are topping it, but none are Centers)?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
To be honest I don't know that much about the 2018 Draft, do you think there is any Centers of Patrick's caliber(I know Dahlin, Svechnikov and Tkachuk are topping it, but none are Centers)?

Oh man it's nutty.

C's: Veleno, Groulx, Khovanov, Kurashev, Tkachuk, Emilio-Pettersen, McLeod, Burzan, Wahlstrom, Wise all look like first rounders. Plus there are bound to be risers.

Wingers: Svechnikov, Zadina, MacDonald, Nordgren, Bokk, Wernblom, Sutter, Levin, Ylonen, Weiss all looks like first rounders. + risers.

Dmen: Dahlin, Merkley, Hughes, Woo, Smith, Alexeyev, McIsaac, E. Bouchard, X. Bouchard, Vallati, Wilde, Zazula all 1st round talents + risers.

Goalies: Skarek, Kooy, Gravel, Tendeck all look alright.

The depth is crazy with Svechkikov, Dahlin and Skarek all looking like possible franchise talents. The centers are all so good though. Plus so many more on the rise.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Oh man it's nutty.

C's: Veleno, Groulx, Khovanov, Kurashev, Tkachuk, Emilio-Pettersen, McLeod, Burzan, Wahlstrom, Wise all look like first rounders. Plus there are bound to be risers.

Wingers: Svechnikov, Zadina, MacDonald, Nordgren, Bokk, Wernblom, Sutter, Levin, Ylonen, Weiss all looks like first rounders. + risers.

Dmen: Dahlin, Merkley, Hughes, Woo, Smith, Alexeyev, McIsaac, E. Bouchard, X. Bouchard, Vallati, Wilde, Zazula all 1st round talents + risers.

Goalies: Skarek, Kooy, Gravel, Tendeck all look alright.

The depth is crazy with Svechkikov, Dahlin and Skarek all looking like possible franchise talents. The centers are all so good though. Plus so many more on the rise.

Really Franchise, and one as a goalie. Damn... I gotta go search this Goalie up.

If it's so loaded next year why don't the Jets just trade it for a pick then, and stay on the same track now(but pick up FA's).

just a quick question while I'm at it I've seen on the boards Svechnikov topping the 2018 rankings(I was not aware that it was that good), how would this kid compare to Laine or Matthews in they're draft?

Last edited:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Really Franchise, and one as a goalie. Damn... I gotta go search this Goalie up.

just a quick question while I'm at it I've seen on the boards Svechkikov topping the 2018 rankings(I was not aware that it was that good), how would this kid compare to Laine or Matthews in they're draft?

Honestly at this point it is too hard to pin. But he looks like Kane level hands, a powerful wrister and slapper and speed that is just to hard to pin yet.

Really hoping he gets picked by Barrie in the CHL Import draft and decides to sign. It will be much easier to peg his talent there. While Laine might have the better shot out of them all. I think it's definitely possible that Svechikov is faster and has better hands. He can make plays at speed that blow my mind. Kid has a great onetimer from the right side and can beat goalies at all levels clean with his wrister on the rush.

These two goals against Canada Black are a good example.

I honestly don't think we'll know what we have with this kid until he hits the OHL. *fingers crossed*

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Nolan Patrick is a player I'd like to have if he fell to me in the draft. He's not a player I would trade up to get.

Even at number 1 he needs the Mark Scheifele development treatment. Sent back to junior to finish his junior career. Then a little addition development time in the AHL just to compensate for all the time he's missed due to injury...

then brought along slowly on the NHL.

Give him the Scheifele treatment, then at age 21-22 he should be a player.

Give him the Yakupov golden ticket free pass to the pros right out of the gate. Don't be surprised that that's how he'll end up.

well, maybe not as bad as Yakupov, but something close to it.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Also forgot about Eggenberger. There is a very real chance that Svechnikov, Kurashev, Eggenberger, Bokk and Emilio-Pettersen all come over in the import draft. Rumors of Kostin coming over too.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Honestly at this point it is too hard to pin. But he looks like Kane level hands, a powerful wrister and slapper and speed that is just to hard to pin yet.

Really hoping he gets picked by Barrie in the CHL Import draft and decides to sign. It will be much easier to peg his talent there. While Laine might have the better shot out of them all. I think it's definitely possible that Svechikov is faster and has better hands. He can make plays at speed that blow my mind. Kid has a great onetimer from the right side and can beat goalies at all levels clean with his wrister on the rush.

These two goals against Canada Black are a good example.

I honestly don't think we'll know what we have with this kid until he hits the OHL. *fingers crossed*

He looks really good and very fast, I just watched a couple of his highlights, he makes everyone look slow and sloppy(almost looks like an 18 year old playing 13 year olds out there). It would be cool to see how he does down in the CHL, it would probable translate his game much better before he has to play American style hockey. It sucks because I seen a bit of Dahlin and this kid now and next year is likely going to be a playoff year for us(on paper we have an astonishing team, before injuries), and we won't likely be able to dip into the 2018 Draft due to that and if we somehow miss the Playoffs we face scrutiny and are the next Edmonton Oilers(2007 to 2015). Now I'm thinking the Jets should trade that pick for one next season, give it to someone like Buffalo or Florida as they try and re-build and hope they don't make the Playoffs.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He looks really good and very fast, I just watched a couple of his highlights, he makes everyone look slow and sloppy(almost looks like an 18 year old playing 13 year olds out there). It would be cool to see how he does down in the CHL, it would probable translate his game much better before he has to play American style hockey. It sucks because I seen a bit of Dahlin and this kid now and next year is likely going to be a playoff year for us(on paper we have an astonishing team, before injuries), and we won't likely be able to dip into the 2018 Draft due to that and if we somehow miss the Playoffs we face scrutiny and are the next Edmonton Oilers(2007 to 2015). Now I'm thinking the Jets should trade that pick for one next season, give it to someone like Buffalo or Florida as they try and re-build and hope they don't make the Playoffs.

The interesting thing is he is actually a 16/17 yo playing 18+ yo's. It honestly wouldn't be a bad idea but I don't think we'll find any teams that would make that deal. They all know what's coming too. 2018 draft looks to deep to trade any picks right now. So much uncertainty in the league as well. Lots of young teams poised to take over. Lots of old teams poised to rebuild.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
The durability does concern me now, but Patrick will be a superstar and there is no way in heck NJ trades that pick. They desperately need this. Even if he's not on the same level as some recent #1 he can raise interest, sell jerseys etc

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Maybe before making lopsided proposals not in our favor, you might want to do the research on the pieces you are so nonchalantly throwing around.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No wouldn't even consider it, cost too high and he's a non franchise player

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
No. I'd have thought about it if we won pick 2 or 3 tho. But not anymore. I'm not gutting my team for a 2nd line center when I could possibly get one at 13 also

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
No. I'd have thought about it if we won pick 2 or 3 tho. But not anymore. I'm not gutting my team for a 2nd line center when I could possibly get one at 13 also

Especially when Roslovic projects to be a middle-6 center right now. If he blossoms into a 50 point 2C, then I'd be ecstatic.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Especially when Roslovic projects to be a middle-6 center right now. If he blossoms into a 50 point 2C, then I'd be ecstatic.

I'd rather him as a Winger, I might sound greedy with Scheifele already here doing great and all but this team needs to atleast try to look for a young Elite Center for the future(behind Scheifele), that's something that will determine a lot of the Jets success in the future.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Also forgot about Eggenberger. There is a very real chance that Svechnikov, Kurashev, Eggenberger, Bokk and Emilio-Pettersen all come over in the import draft. Rumors of Kostin coming over too.

You mean Philipp? He was taken in the Import draft last summer. He played for the Quebec Remparts.

Kostin was drafted by Kootenay.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You mean Philipp? He was taken in the Import draft last summer. He played for the Quebec Remparts.

Kostin was drafted by Kootenay.

Yeah I knew he was there not sure why I mentioned him haha brain fart. Kostin is being rumoured to come over to Kootenay for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad