Proposal: Would you trade Stutzle for Matthews?

Would you trade Stutzle for Matthews?

• Total voters

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
He's having a better D + 3 season than Matthews... At that point Matthews never had an MVP caliber season either. The only people that ever compared Matthews to McDavid are leaf fans.

While development isn't linear its pretty obvious how much talent Stutzle has. Will he be the exception and just stop developing. Do you think he peaked in his 20-21 year old season? It's not very likely.

Is matthews better right now... Absolutely. Will he be over the next 8 season making 3.5 to 6 million more. I don't think that's as clear. If you're unable to look at this objectively you're being willfully obtuse.
No. There are Hockey Media who are not leaf fans that vote for MVP's. They compare Matthews vs. McDavid. Your knowledge base is way off.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Neither Leafs or Sens would do that trade. Leafs wouldnt do it because they will most likely be able to sign Matthews and Sens don’t do it because they probably wouldn’t be able to sign Matthews.

• Haha
Reactions: SNES

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
No chance I'd trade for Matthews. Based off of off ice hobbies alone. Player wise Matthews still has the edge right now, but I see him declining much quicker over time.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I love Stutzle but if Matthews came with an extension that’s a home run deal for the Sens. It’s not like your getting a 30 year old Matthews, it’s hard to believe because he’s been in the league so long but he’s still only 24 years old.
If that extension wasn't going to be astronomically high, sure, but it will be.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
How is someone overpaid before they sign a deal? Hel get paid what he’s worth
When did I say overpaid?:huh:

Since your new to the NHL and sports in general I'll illuminate you to the fact that there is this thing called the salary cap, now see, with the cap signing multiple players to massive contracts (like the leafs have done) can end up being a biggggggg problem.

Right now three of those players take up 40% of the cap, now seems to me and anyone else who understands the cap, and sports and rational thoughts, that handcuffing yourself by signing all these big deals takes away from your ability to build balance through out the line up, you know, like how the Leafs have failed to win a playoff series yet have the active longest streak of playoffs in the NHL, in large part because there biggest players (the ones who make up 40% of the cap) fail to show up in the biggest games. Now if they had more balance (again by not having 3 players make up 40% of the cap) perhaps they actually win some of those games.

So to conclude my original point, which you missed on a fantastic level, AM will likely be paid what he is worth, as in a contract that is level with his play. He won't take any sort of discount (why would he start now?) He is one of the best regular season players in the league (no doubt about that, I mean he won a hart trophy and two rockets) He likely gets between 12-15 million. Again why wouldn't he? So you have a very good (regular season player) who already takes away from your ability to build balance, who's going to get another big raise, but hey he might put up 60 goals again....

Yes, I take the guy who will be making almost half and is still able to put up more points then the guy who doesn't show up when it really matters and wants a big raise.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad