Would you trade Scheifele for Eichel?

Scheifele for Eichel?

• Total voters

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I didn’t vote in the poll.
If it was just a yes or no I would have voted no, but I don’t agree with the conditions set on the votes.
Scheif is not our franchise... Ehlers and Connor are.
I agree with Daximus... there’s something off about Eichel... can’t name it, it’s just a feeling, but I wouldn’t trade Scheif for him.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I didn’t vote in the poll.
If it was just a yes or no I would have voted no, but I don’t agree with the conditions set on the votes.
Scheif is not our franchise... Ehlers and Connor are.

It's funny because last year everyone wanted to trade Connor or Ehlers. Now this year everyone wants to trade Scheifele. We are such a reactionary fanbase. Watch next year Connor will have a down year and Scheifele will rebound and everyone will want to trade Connor.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
It's funny because last year everyone wanted to trade Connor or Ehlers. Now this year everyone wants to trade Scheifele. We are such a reactionary fanbase. Watch next year Connor will have a down year and Scheifele will rebound and everyone will want to trade Connor.
Lol.... thinking the same thing every time I read a bashing post on Morrissey or Copp

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Lol.... thinking the same thing every time I read a bashing post on Morrissey

Yeah Buff suffered the same treatment on here. One bad play and it's ship him into the sun. Comes up big and he's the best thing since sliced bread.

We are as bad as Leafs fans. Just one of the most bi-polar fanbases in the league.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Yeah Buff suffered the same treatment on here. One bad play and it's ship him into the sun. Comes up big and he's the best thing since sliced bread.

We are as bad as Leafs fans. Just one of the most bi-polar fanbases in the league.
Lol
I consider this a flushed season... with everything that happened around Buff and Trouba and then the pandemic and all that, it’s just a whole lot for the team to deal with and each player is reacting differently to it all.
While I’m happy and I agree with the PLD for Laine deal, I wouldn’t make any other major decisions based on play this season.
If we can get a top pairing RHD for say Copp, Samberg and a 1st, then yeah... but to trade away a core piece like Scheif, Ehlers, Connor, etc.... no

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
Murat Ates did a really interesting and informative article in The Athletic a few days ago about Scheifele and his struggles, and all I can say is that 1. he understands more about this subject than anyone on this board, and 2. you gotta be nuts to make this trade.

Scheifele's biggest problem has been learning to play without Byfuglien and the other defensemen we lost. The style he plays hasn't changed very much from what he was doing three years ago, but that style was predicated on having the defense we had back in 2017-18. Obviously, we don't, and what was entirely acceptable, in fact, desirable three years ago is getting him in trouble now. It's a learning curve, and he's not there yet.

Scheifele hasn't changed so much as the team around him has changed, and sure, it's probably messing some with his head, but he's smart enough and good enough to come around. I say let's see what happens next year.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Murat Ates did a really interesting and informative article in The Athletic a few days ago about Scheifele and his struggles, and all I can say is that 1. he understands more about this subject than anyone on this board, and 2. you gotta be nuts to make this trade.

Scheifele's biggest problem has been learning to play without Byfuglien and the other defensemen we lost. The style he plays hasn't changed very much from what he was doing three years ago, but that style was predicated on having the defense we had back in 2017-18. Obviously, we don't, and what was entirely acceptable, in fact, desirable three years ago is getting him in trouble now. It's a learning curve, and he's not there yet.

Scheifele hasn't changed so much as the team around him has changed, and sure, it's probably messing some with his head, but he's smart enough and good enough to come around. I say let's see what happens next year.

So Murat's "defense" of Scheifele is that he's taking years to adjust to personnel changes? That doesn't augur well for him or the team if he's that slow a learner. My impression from listening to his interviews is he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer in an overall intelligence sense. Used to hope that maybe the hockey IQ transcended that, but as a supposed "student of the game", more and more he's looking to be this guy. :nod:

e3d15c67a9f4f1b34b5c53ce166aeed7.png

David Mandel

Mar 11, 2021
Scheifele isnt the problem but he isnt helping the solution. The problem is chevy and maurice to start. Then Chipman. Then some of the players poor leadership traits

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
So Murat's "defense" of Scheifele is that he's taking years to adjust to personnel changes? That doesn't augur well for him or the team if he's that slow a learner. My impression from listening to his interviews is he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer in an overall intelligence sense. Used to hope that maybe the hockey IQ transcended that, but as a supposed "student of the game", more and more he's looking to be this guy. :nod:

e3d15c67a9f4f1b34b5c53ce166aeed7.png
And your rebuttal is that you know more than Mark Scheifele, the Jets coaches and management, and possibly the most astute hockey writer Winnipeg has ever seen?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I've long thought that Eichel is one of the major problems in that locker room. Guy calls out his teammates all the time and has gotten how many coaches fired in Buffalo? Dude is a ticking time bomb.

And everytime I see him... his body language so awful when things are not going well.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Can't believe I have to type this, but please discuss the topic and not the United Center's organ player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad