Would you take Kadri back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
He plays with his heart on his sleeve. Something we don’t have on our squad. As stated, discipline is still an issue. Iq is not.

He doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve game in and game out. It's very sporadic... this isn't Doug Gilmour junior. Some games he is noticeable physically others he is not. He has a temper though that is uncontrollable.

Someone who wears there heart on their sleeve game in and game out is Wilson of the caps. Despite his suspensions there would be a lineup for his services if he were available. There wouldn't be a lineup for Kadri because he is inconsistent both physically and with his offensive and defensive play.

I'd be interested at the cap hit of Kerfoot. But I don't want to play alot of assets. The ship has sailed with Kadri.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He plays with his heart on his sleeve. Something we don’t have on our squad. As stated, discipline is still an issue. Iq is not.

IQ has certainly been an issue. Failing to make simple plays and constantly making stupid decisions falls under IQ.

There is really a balance. Can't think too much or too little. Both are IQ issues that lead to mistakes, and it seems like the Leafs constantly oscillate between the two.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Avs need to sign Makar, Landeskog and Timmins, so need to find a way to shed salary. Can't imagine they have any attachment to the guy after what he did vs the Blues.

If Colorado would agree to retain 50% and the price wasn't outrageous would you want him back?
Absolutely would love him back. Won’t ever happen but I’d give them Kerfoot and a barrie’s old nameplate in return

Reactions: Koolboss

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve game in and game out. It's very sporadic... this isn't Doug Gilmour junior. Some games he is noticeable physically others he is not. He has a temper though that is uncontrollable.

Someone who wears there heart on their sleeve game in and game out is Wilson of the caps. Despite his suspensions there would be a lineup for his services if he were available. There wouldn't be a lineup for Kadri because he is inconsistent both physically and with his offensive and defensive play.

I'd be interested at the cap hit of Kerfoot. But I don't want to play alot of assets. The ship has sailed with Kadri.

Yeah, there are many games where Kadri floats and does nothing. Granted he does play with more emotion in the playoffs than your average Leaf but there is an unfortunate temper issue that's part of that as opposed to being a focused physical force.

That said, if the money is right I'd take him back. Seems sad to say but this team could do well to back track a little to 2017-2019.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I don’t want to have to read the Kadri Fanclub every time he gets a point.

This place has a chance to be nice and civil.

The Dubafans and Keefofans are nowhere to be seen.

let’s just enjoy the moment.

Reactions: ToneDog

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021

If Keefe actually has a faction of fans I have no clue what to think anymore. He’s made every bad decision a coach can make

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
he would have to be on a tight leash... something his NHL coaches have failed to do... assuming it's even possible to control him.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Of course I would.

We also need players like komarov and matt martin exactly the TYPES we need. See them succeeding as we speak in conf finals, as we golf and DRESS WELL. We ain't hard at all. KOMAROV, MONTREAL and LOU, AND MATT MARTIN ARE.

WE IS DOLLS. PERIOD:

Reactions: Al14

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Look, I know we say this every time BUT... i mean what are the odds he does it again?

If his value is low, you can't pass up an opportunity to get a discounted 2nd line centre on the trade market.

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
Avs need to sign Makar, Landeskog and Timmins, so need to find a way to shed salary. Can't imagine they have any attachment to the guy after what he did vs the Blues.

If Colorado would agree to retain 50% and the price wasn't outrageous would you want him back?
In a heartbeat.:thumbu:

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA

The Kadri fan club LOL. Yes, that might be the worst part of it all, were it to ever happen. He sure gets overrated around here for whatever reason. Heart and soul of the team? No man. No. He could bring some depth scoring though, if he can keep himself in the game.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
23 points in 15 games is pretty good. 4th in points. I quess any team would be happy to have him. A steal for Colorado at his cap hit.

Problem is most of those points are coming against weak teams (Vancouver, Seattle, etc.). He is not doing that well against the good teams besides STL, and neither is Colorado in general.

13 points in his last 5 games; all against teams that are going to be well out of a playoff race this year. Still leaves him with 10 points in 10 games, but another 6 of those points are from more games against teams well outside of a playoff race.

Moral of the story is, Colorado has had a fairly light schedule thus far and has been far from dominant, and Kadri is dominating against weak teams but is meh (or worse) against good teams while getting a ton of minutes. He is still a good player, but for the most part, I think he has been a fair bit worse in Colorado than he was in Toronto.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Always liked Kadri, happy to see him doing well. Though let's face it, his regular season point production was never a problem when he was here.

The Avs, like the Leafs have everything to prove still in the playoffs - and avoiding a 4th suspension in the last 5 years should be Kadri's main priority there. Beacuse his next one will likely be 10+ games

Reactions: ACC1224

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

I love Kadri.

Reactions: Koolboss

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Yes. And then do what they should have done with him in the first place and stick him on Matthews wing.

And just seen how old this thread is. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad