Would you sit McDavid/Draisaitl at all during the remaining schedule?

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
With two brutal 3 games in 4 night stretches coming up, would it be prudent to rest one or both of them for a game or two over the next two weeks?

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
So do we want to win the div if it means we play Vegas.

I kinda think there is a more likely chance the pacific division winner plays Vegas than plays LAK

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
I'd play them on all four games during the homestand, but really manage their minutes against Arizona and San Jose. That's a chance for them to get some rest, and for other players to get their offensive confidence kickstarted.

What we do on the Arizona/Denver road trip will depend on where we are in the standings.

Reactions: Duke74

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
So do we want to win the div if it means we play Vegas.

I kinda think there is a more likely chance the pacific division winner plays Vegas than plays LAK
It's hard to focus on that because so much is still up in the air- Vegas is 1 point back of LA and tied with Nashville, with a game in hand on both. None of those three teams has a clearly tougher schedule in my eyes- all of them have 2 or 3 tough games, and then a few against bottom feeders.

I want to win the division purely because it is ridiculous that we still haven't won a division title in the McDavid era.

Reactions: fresh meat

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Nope. Maybe reduce their.ice time, but they aren't going to want to sit, and I wouldn't want to force them to unless they are banged up. I'm sure guys like Hyman could use time to rest up some > would expect, especially after that shot in the foot last night.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Winning the division or even having home ice in the first round could take until game 82 unfortunately. If there's still a chance you have to keep playing everybody. If 81/82 roll around and there's no way for the Oilers to a) finish 1st, or b) fall to 3rd, then sure think about sitting guys. McDavid and Hyman both got banged up around this time last year and it sure didn't help.

Beating Vegas next game probably locks up 2nd though.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
For team accomplishments (play off seeding, matchups) play them moderately.

For personal achievements, play them less moderately.

But let them keep playing to keep a rythym.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
With two brutal 3 games in 4 night stretches coming up, would it be prudent to rest one or both of them for a game or two over the next two weeks?
They need to play to keep in shape. Yes, probably as the other poster mentioned, it would be better to reduce the icetime.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad