Would you rather: Julien or Vigneault?

Would you rather: Julien or Vigneault?

• Julien

• Vigneault

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
That tactic worked for the Bruins and the 70's Flyers until the Habs showed then how hockey is supposed to be played. I can't think of any recent Cup winners who used dirty and cheap shots to gain an advantage. I have little respect for teams that resort to poor gamesmanship to win. It's akin to cheating. No honour in that.

Anaheim in 2006-2007. Good team though.

vtm26

Oct 28, 2013
Vigneault did get two very different clubs all the way to the final. I think that's a little more impressive then getting there with the same club twice, especially when it took a herculean goaltending performance to get there the first time.
Was Tim Thomas' performance really THAT good? I mean, the Bruins had to win 4 Game 7s to win the cup.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
https://www.tsn.ca/agent-blames-julien-for-fewer-russians-on-habs-galchenyuk-s-struggles-1.896907

I was a big Julien supporter then Koko happened. Just curious if any fans see any truth / same treatment of Alex?

"Alex Galchenyuk isn't problem but coach is," he typed at 12:02pm et on Thursday. "Has never successfully coached Russian (sic). Took midseason most Russian club. All but one gone"
Milstein then responded to a user tweet citing his client Alexander Khokhlachev as an example, pointing out his lack of playing time under Julien during his time with the Boston Bruins.
"You can go back to his B's days and see what he did w/ Alexander Khokhlachev," typed @ON3M4N_SHOW. "Solid AHL numbers had 8gp & barley (sic) 10min a night under CJ"

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Was Tim Thomas' performance really THAT good? I mean, the Bruins had to win 4 Game 7s to win the cup.
Three, and Thomas pitched shutouts in two of them plus won the third in OT. And don't forget he was terrific in the OT vs the Habs in game 5. Habs should've won that game at least twice in OT IIRC but Thomas robbed them. He was .940 for the whole playoffs, that's ludicrous.

Take 10-15 points of his SV% that year and those Bruins might not have gotten out of the first round, never mind won the whole thing.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
You silly fella, Gallant doesn't speak French. :deadhorseHe's only good at coaching.

thats true, but he sounds french so it may fool the 'true fans' in Montreal who only have French as a priority to coach here.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Always liked Vigneault but the NY fans aren't all that happy with him.

It's time for new blood. I hope that we hire a coach who's good at development. It's time to just start over.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
First Therrien. Then Julien. Then Vigneault? They need to end this dutch rudder of coaching circle jerks and find someone new.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad