Would you rather have Noah Dobson or Brady Tkachuk?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I wanted Dobson on draft day and still think he would have been a great pick. Having said that I'm not even a little disappointed that we chose Tkachuk.

Same.

I would be happy with either one.

Although like some said, it's a completely different timeline of who we might've signed, where we'd be in the rebuild, the attitude of the team and all of that. Would be nice to jump into a different universe and see how the Dobson Sens would be doing right now...but I'm satisfied with Tkachuk.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Same.

I would be happy with either one.

Although like some said, it's a completely different timeline of who we might've signed, where we'd be in the rebuild, the attitude of the team and all of that. Would be nice to jump into a different universe and see how the Dobson Sens would be doing right now...but I'm satisfied with Tkachuk.

This is like having Rihanna as your wife but saying Martha Stewart would also be a good wife because of her pie recipes.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Tkachuk was the right choice for the franchise at the time given how things worked out. The real question is why we didn't move Ceci + our other 1st rounder to the oilers for #10 to take Dobson (or Bouchard). They were actively looking to shop the pick for a D-man.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Brady's presence inspires Batherson & Stutzle to play a power game. Brady has our young core playing playoff hockey in meaningless game. That, in and of itself, is insanely valuable. Not to mention he's a damn good player.

Dobson, Zadina, Hughes and Brady were my four guys at the draft. I think the Sens got it right, even if he ends up being the 3rd "best" player from that group.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is like having Rihanna as your wife but saying Martha Stewart would also be a good wife because of her pie recipes.

So...short term wild ride, or long term success?

Your preeference can be taken a few different ways, depending where you are in life.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Tkachuk easily. Do you want Dobson leading you into round 1 of the playoffs vs the Leafs or Chucky who can't wait to tear marner's heart out and eat it whilst he watches?

Psycroptic86

Oct 5, 2019
Brady all the way. Dobson of course would fill a massive need on defense, but this team isn't where it is right now without Brady.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Brady 17 less points in 6 less games then Svechnikov but one more goal on mucho mucho worst team then the Canes + the physical factor
Agreed. Plus, this year I don't know if team's top defensive pairings will be sent out vs the Norris line - which is a really scary thought for team's 2nd pairings.

Reactions: Alex1234

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Brady essentially filled the role of a top 6 veteran to guide us through the rebuild, since we didn't have a top 6 veteran like this. He's probably one of the only players drafted in the last few years capable of doing this because of all his experience being around NHL rinks his whole life, and being so close to his dad and his older brother. Very few other recent draftees could have kept the rebuild from going off the rails considering all the drama and chaos surrounding the team.

Reactions: Emrasie

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
What about Stutzle vs Brady if you had to pick one?
Still Brady

I'm afraid Stutzle starts becoming lazy and disappears for a week at a time a la Kovalev. I think Brady will be consistent and the heart and soul of this team.

Prove me wrong Stu!

I simply think Brady is a general talent in his own playing style.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Still Brady

I'm afraid Stutzle starts becoming lazy and disappears for a week at a time a la Kovalev. I think Brady will be consistent and the heart and soul of this team.

Prove me wrong Stu!

I’d edit this if I were you, it will not age well. Stuztle’s competitive spirit is greater then his talent at the moment, when these two things are at their max he’s going to be unreal, might end up being the best forward in Sens history

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I’d edit this if I were you, it will not age well. Stuztle’s competitive spirit is greater then his talent at the moment, when these two things are at their max he’s going to be unreal, might end up being the best forward in Sens history
Hence the "Prove me wrong". I'd be nothing but happy if he proved me wrong. I'm a huge Stutzle fan and want him to absolutely tear it up! He's only 20 after all!

Regardless, I stand by my comment. I think Brady's value to this team is just simply bigger.

Reactions: Tuna99

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Still Brady

Prove me wrong Stu!

in my eyes Stutzle already gives more effort over 200 feet of ice than Brady.

I also think it's a lot more likely that Brady's slows down faster than Stutzle because of the style of games they play.

Hopefully we are both wrong and they both give us 10-15 years of peak effort and drive.

• Love
Reactions: OmniSens

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Brady Tkachuk at the moment is the 2nd most important player in the history of the franchise. Could be the #1 with his projection.

Brady vs Karlsson for most important to the franchise to date could be a very interesting poll. They are definitely 2 and 3.

Tkachuk easily, but I would consider moving DeBrincat for Dobson RD.

I've heard rumors about Aragorn's hatred of small players, but like come on.. We just got DeBrincat and you're trying to trade him already? :laugh:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Brady vs Karlsson for most important to the franchise to date could be a very interesting poll. They are definitely 2 and 3.

I've heard rumors about Aragorn's hatred of small players, but like come on.. We just got DeBrincat and you're trying to trade him already? :laugh:

EK Is still the best player to have put on skates for the Sens. But he bombed the runway on his way out of town and it’s easy to forget about him with his injuries. If he was in SJ winning Norris trophies we’d be more upset, but he’s not great and Stutzle is

EKs ego is bigger then his talents and it’s hard to admire a man like that

Reactions: aragorn

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I wanted Boqvist, but not sure if I'd pick Dobson over Brady.

Dobson might end up being very valuable to the NYI but he's playing in an environment where he is benefitting off a lot of vet experience.Brady was kinda asked to do a lot himself, especially after Stone was moved

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad