Would you rather have Noah Dobson or Brady Tkachuk?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Brady Tkachuk at 22 years old:
NHL 79 GP 30 G 37 A 67 PTS 117 PIM

Jerome Iginla at 22 years old:
NHL 77 GP 29 G 34 A 63 PTS 26 PIM

Daniel Alfredsson at 22 years old:
SEL 22 GP 7 G 11 A 18 PTS 22 PIM

Point comparisons across different generations and different leagues is a bit tenuous to draw as a basis of skill and impact level.

Iginla and Alfredsson were Hart Caliber players who were great in all three zones and could still drop 50g and 100 pt seasons. They carried their lines as the defacto best players on them.

Brady is still a one zone player who needs other players to make his game effective. So far he hasn't even accidentally flashed the ability to be a hart caliber player like the other two.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Brady is the identity of this team now. He is the reason we signed Giroux. He makes Ottawa a place where people want to play.

Giroux signed here because he is from the area and considers it home as that is where all his family/friends are, and because we had just gotten Debrincat and we're looking like a good exciting team finally. He's a beaut who wants to lead his hometown team to a cup while he is still a good player.

I'm sure Brady also made Ottawa attractive, but to say "He is the reason we signed Giroux" I doubt is true. And honestly if we are gonna give individual credit as why he signed, I bet Giroux is a lot more excited at the idea of playing on a line with a guy like Stutzle who is one of the most dynamic and creative players in the game. Much like himself. Or a natural and intelligent scorer like Debrincat.

But I bet if he was from Edmonton he would have signed with Edmonton.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Bruh what.

Brady arguably isn't even more important than Chabot, Stutzle and Sanderson on the current roster. Like at their peak Brady will be a distant 4th in performance hopefully.

Let alone the best player in franchise history. Who gave us a decade of carrying bad teams. I mean what has Brady actually done that he's the top 3 most important player in senators history? His one 1st line caliber season in high scoring season? The no playoff appearance?

Maybe he'll be better than Dustin Brown but he's a long ways from being an Iginla/Alfredsson caliber, top 3 most important franchise player.

It generally takes a career to become great!

Reactions: Agent Zub

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Point comparisons across different generations and different leagues is a bit tenuous to draw as a basis of skill and impact level.

Iginla and Alfredsson were Hart Caliber players who were great in all three zones and could still drop 50g and 100 pt seasons. They carried their lines as the defacto best players on them.

Brady is still a one zone player who needs other players to make his game effective. So far he hasn't even accidentally flashed the ability to be a hart caliber player like the other two.
To be fair not sure anyone expects him to be a Hart trophy winner as guys who play his style generally aren't in the running.

At the same time, neither Iginla or Alfie were showing it at same stage either.

Iginla far better skater and far better shot at same age. Although the Brady snipe for his 30th this year show how far his shot has already come.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
And, Tkachuk hasn't even played a single playoff games, or won a Norris, Calder etc. What makes him more important or even comparable to Alfredsson and Karlsson lol?

Maybe take your own advise and give yourself a timeout because of trolling
At Tkachuk's age, Alfreddson had yet to play in the NHL.

Reactions: aragorn

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Why not both?

What kind of offer sheet do you think it would take for lou to completely lose his mind and not match it?

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Why not both?

What kind of offer sheet do you think it would take for lou to completely lose his mind and not match it?
If we offer sheet $4.2-6.3 million and Dobson accepts, we'd have to give up a 1st and 3rd. Isles have $11 million in capspace and can sign Dobson and Romanov easily, but they need to sign Barzal and Wahlstrom next year.

Isles really need to move guys like Bailey and Palmieri or they will lose some young studs

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If we offer sheet $4.2-6.3 million and Dobson accepts, we'd have to give up a 1st and 3rd. Isles have $11 million in capspace and can sign Dobson and Romanov easily, but they need to sign Barzal and Wahlstrom next year.

Isles really need to move guys like Bailey and Palmieri or they will lose some young studs
Dobson wouldn’t accept that anyways, but if he did the Isles would thank the Sens immensely.

He’s going to be looking for/getting a Norris/Tkachuk type contract, or a 18ish million dollar 3 year bridge deal.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012

Not gonna disagree with it's too early to make judgment but just do a little fact checking: Alfredsson was never nominated for a hart let alone be hart caliber, and he never scored 50 goals, most was 43.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Not gonna disagree with it's too early to make judgment but just do a little fact checking: Alfredsson was never nominated for a hart let alone be hart caliber, and he never scored 50 goals, most was 43.
He finished 5th in Hart voting, and received Hart votes in 6 straight seasons.

He was absolutely a Hart caliber player, without ever being top 3.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
He finished 5th in Hart voting, and received Hart votes in 6 straight seasons.

He was absolutely a Hart caliber player, without ever being top 3.

You and I have different definitions of Hart Caliber. You arent the Caliber of something if you havent won it, or at least finished top 2, maybe top 3 multiple times. He isnt Hart Caliber, imo.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
You and I have different definitions of Hart Caliber. You arent the Caliber of something if you havent won it, or at least finished top 2, maybe top 3 multiple times. He isnt Hart Caliber, imo.

so what Taylor Hall is hart caliber for you but Daniel Alfredsson isn't? just because an awards committee told you?

good luck with that.

• Haha
Reactions: OD99

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
so what Taylor Hall is hart caliber for you but Daniel Alfredsson isn't? just because an awards committee told you?

good luck with that.

Yes he was for a short period. Can't just look at a career of a level below hart caliber and say well he was there for a career so he should get an honorary hart caliber award. He didn't peak in any season as the best player in the league, or apparently top 3 even.

But if I was going to choose between Hall as not being Hart Caliber or Alfredsson being hart caliber, I'd choose them as both not hart caliber.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Yes he was for a short period. Can't just look at a career of a level below hart caliber and say well he was there for a career so he should get an honorary hart caliber award. He didn't peak in any season as the best player in the league, or apparently top 3 even.

But if I was going to choose between Hall as not being Hart Caliber or Alfredsson being hart caliber, I'd choose them as both not hart caliber.

I don’t like this post.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Chabot - Dobson
Sanderson - X

Can't turn down that dcore.

Better yet:

Chabot - Seider
Sanderson - Zub

If we had given up the 2018 pick and ended up picking 4th in 2019, I'm sure we would have been one of the only teams in the league that would have passed up Byram for Seider given our obsession with size, speed, physicality and development curve under Mann's tenure as head scout.

R2010

May 23, 2011
I would choose Brady 14 times out of ten. Having been a Sens fan since their rebirth he is what this team has needed forever. I love this kid

At Tkachuk's age, Alfreddson had yet to play in the NHL.
Tkachuk definitely has a long way to go to come close to Alfredsson (Age 36 shown). Especially defensively.

1658792762862.png

But I still like Tkachuk. He has a lot of opportunity to become a better player with time!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Very different players to be comparing on ice, but Alfie became a special leader for the Sens, and Brady has already become a special leader.

It’s great to see and it’s about time.

Reactions: aragorn

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Seems ever since the days of the Scandinavian troika of soft euros or the inability to get gary roberts, we have been looking for that elusive power forward. And we finally got the perfect one. I like the grass on this side of the fence thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad