OT: Would You Rather - 1 Game at MSG vs Season Tickets in FLA

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The guy keeps saying he'll have a story to tell forever, but for real that's a pretty lame story. So you paid for tickets in a different city, what's so special about that?

I do think it's funny that he landed the Panther exec's seats and was able to name drop him when he got there

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
I'd take the seasons easily. I'd take seasons anywhere over 5 games at MSG. Season tickets are awesome and the perks that come with them at most places are 100% worth it.

I'm assuming you live in NYC and are a NYR fan??

If so, Vancouver season tickets are going to be REAL useful for you.

Realistically, someone who lives in NYC and is a NYR fan that gets season tickets to another team that requires a flight to get to the arena is only going to use 1 or 2 of those tickets.

The guy keeps saying he'll have a story to tell forever, but for real that's a pretty lame story. So you paid for tickets in a different city, what's so special about that?

I do think it's funny that he landed the Panther exec's seats and was able to name drop him when he got there

He probably used his media connections to get those tix. Doubtful he got them on the basis of being someone who paid the team 170 bucks.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Wow what an awesome story. By the end of it I expected the guy to say he was moving to Florida.

....and to think, Seattle is a A LOT closer!

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm assuming you live in NYC and are a NYR fan??

If so, Vancouver season tickets are going to be REAL useful for you.

Realistically, someone who lives in NYC and is a NYR fan that gets season tickets to another team that requires a flight to get to the arena is only going to use 1 or 2 of those tickets.

I hadn't read the article yet. I thought the question was would you rather go to (1) game at MSG or own Florida season tickets (if you lived nearby). Obviously season tickets.

RegalRangers

Oct 23, 2005
Los Angeles
I loved it, but mostly because it was a glimpse into a world I'm completely unfamiliar with: An unpopular NHL franchise. If I had to move to a city and I could watch NHL hockey from great seats for dirt cheap, I'd definitely start rooting for that team in all matters that didn't concern the Rangers and I'd be at most of the games.

Unfortunately the Kings got good just as I moved to LA so I missed out on a similar (but not quite so extreme) experience here. Even with the Kings having recently won a cup and being in contention this year I was still able to get great lower bowl seats for the season opener against the Rangers for $118 per seat on stubhub. Similar seats for the MSG opener against the Habs are $170 at the cheapest.

Also, what's up with the bridge tickets to the opener going for $230?! That's a lot of money to be among the first group of people to be able to definitively declare that seeing a game from the bridges sucks.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I loved it, but mostly because it was a glimpse into a world I'm completely unfamiliar with: An unpopular NHL franchise. If I had to move to a city and I could watch NHL hockey from great seats for dirt cheap, I'd definitely start rooting for that team in all matters that didn't concern the Rangers and I'd be at most of the games.

Unfortunately the Kings got good just as I moved to LA so I missed out on a similar (but not quite so extreme) experience here. Even with the Kings having recently won a cup and being in contention this year I was still able to get great lower bowl seats for the season opener against the Rangers for $118 per seat on stubhub. Similar seats for the MSG opener against the Habs are $170 at the cheapest.

Also, what's up with the bridge tickets to the opener going for $230?! That's a lot of money to be among the first group of people to be able to definitively declare that seeing a game from the bridges sucks.

That's actually a low markup compared to what other seats are going for. Face is ~$150, so at $230 we're only talking 50%. I can get 100% over face on mine easy.

RegalRangers

Oct 23, 2005
Los Angeles
That's actually a low markup compared to what other seats are going for. Face is ~$150, so at $230 we're only talking 50%. I can get 100% over face on mine easy.

I guess I'd just expect the markup to be even lower. Would you rather spend $200 (updated price) to sit in section 101 row 17, or $230 to watch the game from the rafters? Weird.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I guess I'd just expect the markup to be even lower. Would you rather spend $200 (updated price) to sit in section 101 row 17, or $230 to watch the game from the rafters? Weird.

Honestly I'd probably take the rafters. Those 101 seats are cramped, have a terrible viewing angle and are on the wrong end of the rink.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad