OT: Would You Rather - 1 Game at MSG vs Season Tickets in FLA

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Am I the only one who finds the whole thing pretentious?

I probably just need to lighten up.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
well the Rangers play them what.. 4 times this year right? Id just go to those games and sell the rest

Pretty sure we only play them twice in Florida. And good luck selling the rest for much, if anything. The author said he was only able to give 4 pairs away...as in for free! lol

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Am I the only one who finds the whole thing pretentious?

I probably just need to lighten up.

Nope, you don't need to lighten up. I picked up on it immediately as well, and its indicative of a kind of attitude in people that rubs me the wrong way. Guy became a season ticket holder of a team he didn't give a crap about just so that he could have the status symbol of saying he was a "season ticket holder." Give me a break.

The sentiment behind this tid bit just oozes throughout the whole piece:

"Think about it. If I’m ever the subject of a speech or presentation, it’s the perfect anecdote (“interestingly, Jay was once a Florida Panthers season ticket holderâ€)."

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Fun article but didn't really get my attention until he mentioned Darren Puppa, a fellow Engineer. :)

16 To Stanley*

If i wanted to, I would. I bought a ten game plan for the Rangers this year at $145 a seat.

redfzn

Nov 12, 2007
NYC
bmcccuny.facebook.com
I'll take my random off day games off Stubhub at MSG and when I go down to Florida I'll get tickets for $5 or whatever it is.

I don't think that being a season ticket holder in Florida makes sense even if you do live down south.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
I'll take my random off day games off Stubhub at MSG and when I go down to Florida I'll get tickets for $5 or whatever it is.

I don't think that being a season ticket holder in Florida makes sense even if you do live down south.

Sure it does if they actually go to the games.

Season tickets + a jersey for a couple hundred bucks?

Saves you the hassle of buying individual game tix for every game

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'd take the seasons easily. I'd take seasons anywhere over 5 games at MSG. Season tickets are awesome and the perks that come with them at most places are 100% worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad