Would you play Hank or Georgie in Shesty’s absence?

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
This is a question about what you want to see as a fan more so than speculating what the team actually will do. Just curious what you guys think.

I think the coach sees Georgie as the number 1, and I think it would be great experience have him lead the team in the final stretch if he does have a future on the team. I also think he gives the team a better chance to win.

That said, Hank has a way of shining in big moments and this would probably be one of the biggest in his career considering how the season has gone for him and how close he is to the end of his contract. He could sort of put a final stamp on his legacy of given the chance to continue playing and maybe even showcase his talents for a potential trade in the offseason if he wants to waive his no trade clause.

I’m just curious, what would you do? Clearly, the goalie that gives the best chance to win should start most games. But who would you want to see play more as a fan?

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Have the hard talk with Hank. if he understands it's the end of the road, he gets a 6 week victory lap. If not, Georgiev can play the lion's share of games to reinforce the point that you don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Play both. Give who is performing better more games. Deal with Hank in the summer. This isn’t rocket science

Reactions: egelband

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Let's see how Georgie performs tonight. Go from there.
This, but that hard talk might have already happened.

Hank hasnt been playing in so long, I can't imagine him being sharp. We could hardly afford him the time in getting sharp. As it is, Georgie hasn't been playing much, but he is younger and probably more apt in getting sharper quicker.

As a bromanticist, of course Hank.
As a fan needing a Rangers win, I ask;

What in the hell were you both doing in Brooklyn? Tons of crazy ass RUSHIN drivers there. (See what I did there?)

That's why I left. Lol.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
This week is likely Geo for the next two and Hank against the Flyers in Philly. From there, it is anyone's guess, but I think if Hank does well against the Flyers, he'd probably go back out there in the 2nd half of the home and home.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Haven't Hank's metrics been pretty damn good all season, and even better the Georgiev's?

I'm fine with Georgiev to start off, but after that you need to find Hank a game somewhere in the subsequent few. Then just go with the hot hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad