Proposal: Would you participate in a protest to Shanny?

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
It's not just "getting hurt". There is a possibility he may never be the same player. There is no guarantee the surgery will be successful as the Achilles does not "heal" like regular tissue. Until I hear otherwise I can only assume the worst.

Still, mental distress is a little too much. Go outside, take a breath, relax a bit

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I'd much rather see the Sens fanbase come together to wish Erik a full and speedy recovery in a meaningful way than some poorly thought out protest that reflects poorly on our fanbase.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I play the game regularly myself, and I just can't imagine an NHL caliber player having that much non awareness.

It's funny how people level accusations like 'you've never played hockey' or 'you've never played hockey at a high level'.

Because if you come out of the gate swinging with ignorance and stuff that's flat out wrong, hopefully some of it will stick in the minds of everyone reading it!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Outside of previous history there is 0 evidence that what Cooke was intentional

I'm behind the league office, there is unfortunately nothing they can do about this

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
No I think that this is a terrible idea.

I'm still sticking by our team too

We are not completely out yet were in a play off spot and we can grind our way into the play offs.

You heard it here first bro's.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
after something like this happens, to see so many of you defending matt cooke and refusing to want to even try to do something about it is pretty embarrassing.

FreakyBunny

Sep 4, 2006
Ottawa
I can't go to NYC to protest a hockey thing, as much as I would like to visit NYC one day. The issue for me remains Shanahan's decision not to have a hearing based on his phone calls with Shero and Murray. Clearly Murray would have wanted one, and by quick process of elimination, we can say for sure that Shero didn't.

I think this incident deserved further scrutiny, at the very least. That's not saying anything about intent, etc., it's just saying a player with a history of intent to injure should have another questionable play looked at by the league. EK, the Sens, their fans, and all the other star players who deserve some kind of protection from serial offenders like Cooke deserved some kind of due process here. There is to be none. This league is a joke.

jeffsens11

Nov 29, 2008
I'm just as upset as you guys are but lets face it, suspending Cooke won't bring Karlsson back as Murray said. We re upset, our favourite player is out, but we need to focus on our Sens and what we can do to stay in the playoff race. This will be a good opportunity for young dmen like Wier to step up and show what they are made of.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I can't go to NYC to protest a hockey thing, as much as I would like to visit NYC one day. The issue for me remains Shanahan's decision not to have a hearing based on his phone calls with Shero and Murray. Clearly Murray would have wanted one, and by quick process of elimination, we can say for sure that Shero didn't.

I think this incident deserved further scrutiny, at the very least. That's not saying anything about intent, etc., it's just saying a player with a history of intent to injure should have another questionable play looked at by the league. EK, the Sens, their fans, and all the other star players who deserve some kind of protection from serial offenders like Cooke deserved some kind of due process here. There is to be none. This league is a joke.

I don't that that's obvious at all.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Guys seriously slow our roll none of us are Matt Cooke no one knows if he meant to do it other than him, now that I have had a night to sleep I am thinking quite rationally about this situation. It is extremely unfortunate but I watched BM's presser today and he expects a 100% recovery he also did not pressure Shanny to do anything and has accepted what has happened as an unfortunate incident. I think those who are thinking irrationally need to take a break from watching replays and just relax EK will be back down the road and will return to greatness.

Let's all be happy this happened to a 22 year old and not a 32 year old. Let's just watch the kids play now and give the team our support and show them why we are the best fans in the NHL. Injuries happen life goes on it will be hard without EK but we gotta do what we gotta do. Sorry not trying to jack the thread but I think a protest is quite irrational. We should be protesting wars, famine, education crisis, gun control, SOPA and other internet regulations. Protesting and injury in a sport played with sharp blades on your feet seems quite irrational. Wish Ek the best and all of you suffering mental anguish over this.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I read the edited OP, don't care.

I think anyone who thinks it was intentional are just embarrassing our fanbase.

Gotta get up, listen to me, clappa your hands, stompa your feet.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I read the edited OP, don't care.

I think anyone who thinks it was intentional are just embarrassing our fanbase.

Gotta get up, listen to me, clappa your hands, stompa your feet.

Amen.

I don't think I've ever seen an OP demand that only those who agree with him should comment on his thread. Glad to see so many sane posters ignoring that demand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad